How to Reach Oslo
The Easiest Way to Reach Oslo
- By Air: Oslo has three airports- Oslo Airport (Gardermoen), Sandefjord Airport (Torp) and Moss Airport (Rygge). The first one is the largest airport and also the closest to the city along with the Rygge airport. Oslo Airport (Gardermoen): An international airport located 47kms towards the Northeast of Oslo. It has direct flights from various international destinations. You can reach the city from the airport via taxis, trains or buses. Sandefjord Airport Torp: Has planes from several European cities. The airport is located 118kms South of Oslo and can be reached through buses, trains or taxis. Moss Airport, Rygge: 70kms from Oslo, this airport has domestic flights serving the city. Buses and Trains are available to take you to the city from the airport.
- By Train: Oslo Central Station is the main station of the city and has daily trains towards Gothenburg and Stockholm in Sweden and Copenhagen in Denmark. The Norwegian train services also runs domestic flights connecting various regions in the country.
- By Bus: International Bus services like Swebus Express (Sweden), Eurolines and GoByBus run buses from and to various European destinations like Stockholm, Gothenburg, Copenhagen. Nor-Way Bussekspress runs services to various places in the city like Kristiansand, Bergen and Trondheim. Another service TIMEkspressen connects Oslo to Drammen, Kongsberg and Notodden. From anywhere in Norway, you can reach Oslo through various services because the city is connected from every corner of the county.
- By Boat: Oslo can be reached from Frederikshavn and Copenhagen in Denmark and Kiel in Germany through Car Ferry Services.
- By Car: Oslo is connected through several international highways and motorways. E6– Malmo, Gothenburg, Trondheim, Alta and Kirkenes, E18– Stockholm, Helsinki, St. Petersburg, E16- Bergen, E134– Haugesund, E18– Drammen, Grenland and Kristiansand and Rv4– Gjovik.
- By Bike: If you are travelling across Europe on a bike trip, you can get to the city through bike by hiring them at various bike rental services.
- By Metro: Oslo has Tunnel Bane or T-Bane, one of the largest metro lines in Europe. The Metro has 6 lines and is the most efficient and easiest way to get around the city.
- By Tram: Trams go across the city every ten minutes during the day, twenty in the evening and every thirty minutes in the weekends. They use the same tickets as buses.
- By Bus: Oslo has an extensive network of buses that get around the city quite frequently. The network usually starts around 5AM in the morning and runs past midnight, until 1AM at times.
- By Train: Specific areas in Oslo are accessible through local trains.
- By Boat: Boats are available from Vippetangen near the Akershus fortress to the islands in Oslofjord, and also from Aker Brygge to Bygdoy. But they are not very frequent during the winters so, keep a tab on the time and look out for the last ones carefully.
- By Car: Traveling within the city on car is one of the feasible options to get around the city. There are paid and free parking available at various places in the city.
- By Taxi: Taxis are available and they help you go around the city but these services are generally expensive. So, give it a second thought if you’re traveling on budget.
- By Bike: Bikes can be rented by acquiring a key card at the tourist information office. Bike rental stations are spread across the city.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Oslo and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Oslo
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Oslo. The most preferred mode of transport in Oslo is Bus/Trolleybus.
Average distance: 13.73 km Average time: 36.94 min
Bus/Trolleybus 41.18%Bus 22.79 min Walking 6.79 min Waiting 5.07 min Train 1.64 min Overall average time for 8.93 kms 36.29 min
Train/Metro 14.71%Train 13.2 min Walking 6.8 min Waiting 3.4 min Tram 1 min Other 0.2 min Overall average time for 8 kms 24.6 min
Bike 5.88%Bike 15 min Overall average time for 5.34 kms 15 min
Tram/Streetcar 2.94%Tram 15 min Waiting 8 min Walking 5 min Overall average time for 4 kms 28 min
Car 17.65%Driving 52.5 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 39.83 kms 54.5 min
Walking 11.76%Walking 27 min Other 6.25 min Train 5 min Bike 5 min Driving 2.5 min Waiting 0.25 min Overall average time for 5.88 kms 46 min
Motorbike 2.94%Motorbike 17 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 11 kms 19 min
- How to reach Cities Near Oslo
- How to reach Sponviken
- How to reach Knarrvik
- How to reach Sætre
- How to reach Blystadlia School
- How to reach Erdal
- How to reach Hægeland
- How to reach Brandval
- How to reach Gan
- How to reach Holter
- How to reach Brandbu
- How to reach Leira
- How to reach Larkollen
- How to reach Cities around the world
- How to reach Otago
- How to reach Batangas
- How to reach Klang
- How to reach Owasso
- How to reach Nainital
- How to reach Vung Tau
- How to reach Nantes
- How to reach Syosset
- How to reach Manama
- How to reach Himatnagar