Oslo Cathedral, Oslo
About Oslo Cathedral, Oslo
Oslo Cathedral, Oslo - Address, Phone Number
Address: Karl Johans gate 11, 0154 Oslo, Norway
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
Added 8.9K times in trip plans
Church, Religious Site, Outdoors, Historical Site, Entertainment, Tourist Center, Architecture , Cathedral
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Oslo’s third cathedral was built in 1697 after the first two burned down in fires. Both the Norwegian Royal Family and the Government use it for public events now. The architecture is Baroque. The highlights of the church are:
- The large ceiling murals painted by Hugo Lous Mohr in the 20th century.
- Stained glass windows by Emanuel Vigeland.
- Pulpit and altar piece.
- Organ front with acanthus carvings.
Though modest compared to the other great cathedrals around Europe, the church feels old and serene.
How To reach Oslo Cathedral by Public Transport
- Tram 13 and 17 stop Stotorvet
- Tram 17, 18, 19 stop Jernbanetorget
- Buses 34, 37, 70, 73, 111, 118, 119, 309, N2, N18, N70 stopJernbanetorget
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Oslo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Oslo and book an accommodation of your choice.
Oslo Cathedral, Oslo Reviews - Write a Review
Totally different from a Catholic Church. However, you feel fine and in peace.
Nice Cathedral, worth paying a visit when you are in Oslo. I really liked the paintings on the walls and the ceiling.
It's an alright Cathedral. Looks ok, but the best thing here is that you can often see concerts at a very reasonable price. Acoustics are not great here though.
Pretty but simple.
very nice and friendly staff! And a lot of public events there, check the website to get the schedules or just passing by, maybe surprise you~
- Nearby Attractions
- Herr Nilsen
- Thon Hotel Cecil
- Games Workshop - Oslo
- Scandic Holberg
- Scandic Victoria
- Mr India
- Oslo Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Oslo
- What to See in 48 Hours in Oslo
- What to See in 72 Hours in Oslo
- How to Spend 5 Days in Oslo
- How to Spend 6 Days in Oslo
- How to Spend 7 Days in Oslo