Oslo Opera House3455 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Den Norske Opera & Ballett, Kirsten Flagstads pl. 1, N-0150 Oslo, 0150, Norway
- Timings: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +47-21422121
- Ticket Price: 100 NOK
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Opera House, Social, Entertainment, Music And Show Venues
This beautiful white building, which has won many awards for its design, hosts Norway’s greatest performance company. The rich and varied programmes are always vivid and riveting, but plenty of people visit just to be able to climb to the top of the roof. Go at dusk and watch the lights come on around the harbour. It’s magical and romantic. Then come down and stroll along the harbour. The whole outside area is free to be in, and makes for great people and scenery watching. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Oslo Itinerary 2 Days.
Oslo Opera House Travel Tips
- Notify when booking if you’re a wheelchair user; wheelchair spots must be booked on location or over the telephone.
- Car parks at Oslo Central Station, Sorenga and Byporten.
- Find Disabled parking spaces north of the Opera House, by Operagaten pavement.
- Check out the gift shop.
- Check official website for specific performances. For a more intimate look into the opera house, call ahead and take the guided tour.
Entrance Ticket Details For Oslo Opera House
Prices depends on the show
- Standing audience may need to pay only NOK 100.
- Children (0-18 years): 50 %.
- Students/draftees: 50 %
- Senior citizens: 20 % 67+ with ID
- Tickets by phone: Monday–Friday, 10am – 6pm; and Saturday 11am–5pm
Guided tour prices:
- Adults NOK 100
- 4–16 years old: NOK 60
- Students with valid ID: NOK 60
- Oslo Pass: Adults (20% discount) NOK 80, children (20% discount) NOK 48 (one ticket per pass)
Oslo Opera House Hours
- Box: Saturday: 11am – 6pm, Sunday: 12pm – 6pm
- All hours given are for the Box Office, not the show
- Depends on the show
- Guided tour hours (September – April only): Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday at 1:00p.m and Saturdays at 12pm.
How to Reach Oslo Opera House
- Tram or bus stop Jernbarnetorget/Oslo Central Station; follow walkway/signs on the ocean side of the Ostbanehallen.
- Restaurant Argent
- Sanguine Brasserie & Bar
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Oslo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Oslo and book an accommodation of your choice.
84.76% of people who visit Oslo include Oslo Opera House in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
56.42% of people start their Oslo Opera House visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Oslo Opera House
89.83% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Oslo Opera House