The Bergen RailwayCurrently Open
- Address: Oslo Central Station, Oslo, Norway Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 07:00 Hrs
- Tags: Entertainment, Family And Kids
- This attraction takes you far out of the city
This train journey is one of the most-beautiful, highest, and most daring in the world. It’s also the highest line in Northern Europe. The line was built in the early 20th century, when it became supremely necessary to link two of Norway’s most important cities – Bergen and Oslo. And so impossibly hard mountains were tunnelled through, winter storms were braved, and the Bergen Line was built. It took 34 years and 15,000 men to lay the tracks through 182 tunnels. The following are things you need to know about the train ride:
- The journey is 7 hours long one way.
- The scenery that you pass through is nothing short of spectacular – fjords, waterfalls, valleys.
- Finse, the highest station on the line, is at 1222m.
- About half a million people travel on the line every year.
- The Flam railway, another stunningly beautiful ride, links to Flam from station Myrdal on the Bergen line.
The Bergen Railway Travel Tips
- If travelling in winter, do so during daylight hours–you can’t see anything in the long nights.
- Best time to travel is late February–March.
- Schedules and prices see The Norwegian State Railways.
How to Reach The Bergen Railway
- Buses 34, 37, 60, 70, 73, 105, 119, N2, N5, N18, N70 stop Bussterminalen Grønland
- Tram 18 and 19 stop Bussterminalen Grønland
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Oslo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Oslo and book an accommodation of your choice.
- The Bergen Railway Address: Oslo Central Station, Oslo, Norway
- The Bergen Railway Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit The Bergen Railway(preferred time): 09:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit The Bergen Railway: 07:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
22.32% of people who visit Oslo include The Bergen Railway in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
34.94% of people start their The Bergen Railway visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 7 Hrs to see The Bergen Railway
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Bergen Railway
People normally club together Akvariet Or Bergen Aquarium and Bygdoy Peninsula while planning their visit to The Bergen Railway.
People also prefer to end their day with The Bergen Railway.
The Bergen Railway Reviews & Ratings
Want to take one day Norway in a Nutshell from Bergen to Oslo. Where can I buy ticket online for train, bus, Flam railway, and ferry? Please give me their websites addressed to purchase tickets online.Answer Report Abuse
You may book the tickets for Norway in a nutshell here. The same page also has all the necessary information of the tour.Report Abuse
What is the cost of the trip there and backAnswer Report Abuse
The cost of the trip will depend upon the destination from where you begin the train journey. I suggest you visit the official website of Rail Euro to get more details.Report Abuse