The Royal Palace1552 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Slottsplassen 1, 0010 Oslo, Norway, 0010
- Timings: 11:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +47-81533321
- Ticket Price: 95 NOK
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Palace, Landmarks, Buildings And Structures
This 19th century neo-classical building is the official residence of the Norwegian Monarch. It was only opened up to the public in 2002, and since then visitors have enjoyed an informative glimpse into the lives of Norwegian Royalty. Because the Palace can only be visited by guided tour (and only during summer), tickets are usually booked up. Make sure to get yours early! Highlights are:
- The changing of the guards at 1:30pm
- Cabinet Cloakroom
- Cabinet Parlour
- Council Chamber
- White Parlour
- King Haakon VII Suite
- Upper Vestibule
- Bird Room
- Mirror Hall
- Family Dining Room
- Small Ceremonial Hall
- Great Hall
- Banqueting Hall
- The Palace Chapel
Outside the palace is the Romantic-style Palace Park, a beautiful cultural monument that’s open to the public all year. Make sure you see the six famous statues in it! The Queen’s Park is a Rococo garden that’s open to the public from mid-May–September.
The Royal Palace of Oslo comes with a great deal of things to see. You have to buy The Royal Palace Tickets only once on your arrival, afterwhich you can visit the entire place without any fees. Tickets for The Royal Palace are available on age basis. Check out the website or contact the authorities to know more about both, The Royal Palace Ticket Prices and The Royal Palace Tours Ticket Price, since knowing beforehand will make it more easy to Buy Tickets for The Royal Palace. End the trip by visiting the park outside and revel in the beauty of this magnificent place.
The Royal Palace Travel Tips
- Entrance is from the west side of the Palace facing Parkveien.
- Apart from cars with stickers indicating disabled people, vehicles may not be parked at this place.
- Wheelchair available on request.
- Photography is not allowed.
- Mobile phones must be turned off during tour.
Entrance Ticket Details For The Royal Palace
- Adults: NOK 95
- Children, seniors and students: NOK 85
- Children under 3: free admission.
- Escorts of persons with disabilities are admitted free of charge.
- Tickets can be brought at the entrance, before the tour or by calling the attraction.
The Royal Palace Hours
- The tours last an hour.
- Friday: 12pm-7pm
- There is one tour every 20 minutes.
How to Reach The Royal Palace
- Tram 19 stop Riddervolds plass
- Bus 21 stop Riddervolds plass
- Bus 112 and Tram 12 stop Niels Juels gate
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Oslo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Oslo and book an accommodation of your choice.
36.09% of people who visit Oslo include The Royal Palace in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
50.47% of people start their The Royal Palace visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see The Royal Palace
93.81% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Royal Palace