Are you looking for what to do in Oslo?
PLACES TO SEE
- Royal Palace: Built between 1824 and 1848 by Hans Linstow, the palace is one of the most important tourist attractions in the city. Tours of the palace in English by professional tour guides are available twice on the weekdays.
- University of Oslo: Enchanting rooms in all of the city, currently housing the Law department of the University.
- Oslo Cathedral: A simple old cathedral covered by roses, greetings and mourning messages. It is also the centre for compassion and afterthought.
- Opera House: A building with European contemporary architecture, and the country’s official entry to the World Architecture festival. It also won the best cultural building in 2008.
- Kirkeristen: An old artisan and craft bazaar.
- Akershus Festning: A magnificent thirteenth century fortress and castle.
- Munch Museum: A museum housing the paintings of Norwegian artist Edward Munch.
- Nobel Peace Centre: Exhibits of Nobel Peace Prize Laureates.
- Frogner Park: A large park with hundreds of stone sculptures and a pleasant atmosphere.
- Stortinget: The tour of the parliament with highly experienced travel guides.
- Norway in a Nutshell-Day Tours: A day tour of Norway and the places to visit around. Jernbanetorget 1 | Oslo Central Train Station, Oslo 154, Norway.
- Viking Biking: Bike trips around the city with an informative tour guide. Nedre Slottsgate 4, Oslo 0157, Norway.
- AlternativOslo: Tram, Bike, Cruise or walking tours of Oslo. Ekebergveien 5B, Oslo 0192, Norway.
- H.M. Kristiansens Automobilbyra: Bus tours of main tourist attractions of Norway. Ringnesveien 9, Oslo, Norway.
Below we have a list of things to do in Oslo and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Oslo getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Oslo with confidence.