Capital of Canada, the most educated city in the country, a city with some great standard of living, these are few things through which Ottawa is known throughout the world. Even though the popular Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal enjoy the crowd’s attention but it is Ottawa that still lies underrated. There is so much to experience and so much to explore, that by not visiting this incredible city, you might miss out on something very important. The city has everything- ancient wonders and modern marvels. A perfect combination of both the new and vintage eras, Ottawa has a plentiful of leisure attractions, outdoor activities, historic and cultural attractions. There are some really incredible things to do, during your trip to Ottawa and make the most out of it. Parliament Hill, Canadian War Museum, Peace Tower or Notre Dame Cathedral Basilica, Bytown Museum, Centre Block, Currency Museum, Laurier House, Major’s Hill Park and National War Memorial are some of the prominent places which should be seen during your visit to Ottawa.
The best time to visit Ottawa is during the months of March to May and that period is ideal to indulge in some interesting activities. Also, there are many events and festivals like Winterlude and Christmas celebrated around the city of Ottawa to celebrate the culture and traditions of the country. The city also has a good variety of restaurants and having Beaver Tail once you’re here is mandatory. There are many bars, pubs, clubs and cafes in Ottawa and thus it has a bustling nightlife.
Essential travel information and Ottawa tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Pacific Time Zone (UTC-08:00)
- Currency: Canadian Dollar
- Language: English is the predominant language.
- Electricity and Internet: Sockets used in Ottawa is "TypeB" North American NEMA 5- 15 standard and voltage being the standard 110V. Wifi services are available at major public places, hotels, cafes, restaurants as well.
- Tipping: Tipping is followed in Canada in return of the services provided to you by the waiter or the taxi driver. You can tip about 5-10 percent of the total bill amount.
- Other tips: Ottawa is one of the most educated cities in the world and hence people here are quite liberal in their thoughts. They are also open to people with different castes, religions, race and even sexual preference.
Ottawa Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Ottawa. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Ottawa trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Ottawa
Ottawa City Tour by Land and Water
1 Hr159 Reviews
Original Haunted Walk of Ottawa
1 Hr 30 Mins120 Reviews