Hog's Back Falls169 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Rideau River, Ontario, Ottawa, ON, Canada
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids
Located in the Hog’s Back Park- a recreational hub where you can have a picnic, ride your bike or simply take a leisurely walk, the Prince of Wales Falls is a series of artificial waterfall located where the Rideau Canal and the Rideau River part ways.
The scenic waterfall falls from a height of 60 feet and is also used for Kayaking by adventure-sport enthusiast. A picnic near the falls is relaxing during sunny afternoons while the whole park is ideal for photography.
Hog's Back Falls Travel Tips
- Carry bottled drinking water and snacks.
- Wearing sunscreen will be helpful.
Entrance Ticket Details For Hog's Back Falls
- Admission to the place is Free.
Hog's Back Falls Hours
- Site opens early May and closes December 1.
- May to mid-October (weather permitting): Open 9.00 am to dusk (no later than 9.00 pm) daily.
- May to December 1 (weather permitting): 7.00 am to dusk (no later than 10.00 pm) daily.
- Free parking is available at the park.
Concession hours: Mid-May to Labour Day
- Sunday to Thursday: 11:30 to 7.00 pm
- Friday and Saturday: 11:30 to 8.00 pm
How to Reach Hog's Back Falls
- By Bus:
- O-Train light rail
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/ Bicycle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ottawa before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ottawa and book an accommodation of your choice.
8.04% of people who visit Ottawa include Hog's Back Falls in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
45.28% of people start their Hog's Back Falls visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Hog's Back Falls
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Hog's Back Falls