How to Reach Ottawa
HOW TO GET TO OTTAWA
- By air: The Macdonald-Cartier International Airport is the main airport of Ottawa with regular flights from popular American and Canadian cities. Air Canada, Air France and KLM are some of the main airlines which operate from Ottawa.
- By bus: The Canadian capital has an extensive bus network with frequent buses to and from Montreal.
- By train: Ottawa is connected to the major cities of Canada like Toronto, Kingston, Vancouver and Montreal by an extensive network of railway.
HOW TO GET AROUND OTTAWA
- By public transport: Buses and trains form a major part of Ottawa’s public transport and it is comparatively cheaper that car rentals or hired taxis.
- By road: There are multiple options through which you can explore Ottawa by road. You can either hire a taxi from the taxi- stand or can use “route taxis”. Moreover, you can also rent a car but that can turn out to be a little expensive. If you want to go the no pollution way, then opt for rented bicycles.
- On foot: The best way to explore the stunning city of Ottawa is on foot and the major attractions are quite easy to navigate.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Ottawa. The most preferred mode of transport in Ottawa is Car.
Average distance: 14.51 km Average time: 34.07 min
Car 49.35%Driving 27.58 min Walking 1.32 min Overall average time for 18.98 kms 28.89 min
Walking 15.58%Walking 30.92 min Driving 3.67 min Bus 2.08 min Waiting 1.67 min Overall average time for 4.29 kms 38.33 min
Bus/Trolleybus 24.68%Bus 33.63 min Waiting 5.47 min Walking 4 min Train 0.42 min Overall average time for 13.78 kms 43.53 min
Bike 7.79%Bike 28.17 min Walking 0.17 min Overall average time for 8.97 kms 28.33 min