Major's Hill ParkCurrently Open
- Address: Mackenzie Ave, Ottawa, ON K1N 9J6, Canada Map
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Family And Kids
The Major's Hill Park was Lt. Colonel By’s family home before he moved to England in the early 1830’s. The place was renamed to the present day name when Major Daniel Bolton moved here. All though the home was burnt down to ashes, today, the place offers some of the most beautiful lookout points, gorgeous green lawns that make way for twirling pathways and trees that provide humble shade.
The Blink gallery located in the Header House offers free exhibitions for art lovers and is a great way to end the visit.
Major's Hill Park Travel Tips
- Site opens early May and closes end of October.
- The place is open from 8.00 am to dusk (no later than 9.00 pm) daily.
- The exhibitions are open from May to October, on Thursday to Sunday afternoons.
Entrance Ticket Details For Major's Hill Park
- Admission to the place is Free.
- The exhibitions are free to the public, and run from May to October, on Thursday to Sunday afternoons.
How to Reach Major's Hill Park
- By Bus: Rideau 4A (Rideau St.)
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/ Bicycle
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ottawa before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ottawa and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Major's Hill Park Address: Mackenzie Ave, Ottawa, ON K1N 9J6, Canada
- Major's Hill Park Timing: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Best time to visit Major's Hill Park(preferred time): 08:30 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Major's Hill Park: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
14.5% of people who visit Ottawa include Major's Hill Park in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
59.52% of people start their Major's Hill Park visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Major's Hill Park
74.68% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Major's Hill Park
People normally club together Notre Dame Basilica and Bytown Museum while planning their visit to Major's Hill Park.