Notre Dame BasilicaCurrently Closed
- Address: 385 Sussex Dr, Ottawa, ON K1N 1J9, Canada
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +1-6132417496
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
The Notre Dame Basilica was built from 1841 to 1885 and is the oldest building in Ottawa. The present day basilica stands on the grounds of the prior St. Jacques Church that was built in 1832. Today, the church’s Neoclassical and Gothic Revival architecture invites visitors from far and near and its interiors cast a spell on you, as soon as you enter!
The gorgeous alter does take your breath away with every inch showcasing fine craftsmanship while the stained-glass art and vaulted celling multiplies the charm of the building.
- For prices of guided tours, call up the place.
Saturday: 5:00 pm Bilingual Mass (Cantor and organ)
- 9:00 am Bilingual Mass (Women's or Children's Choir, and organ).
- 10:30 am Mass in French (Senior Choir and organ).
- 12 .00 pm Mass in English (Senior Choir and organ).
- 5:00 pm Mass in French (Cantor and organ).
- 7:30 pm Mass in English (Cantor and organ) From mid June to mid Sept, a cantor replaces the choir.
- 12:15 pm Mass in English.
- 5:00 pm Mass in French (Rosary in French at 4:20 pm).
Tours: (call up for reservation)
- Tuesday to Friday at 9.00 am.
- Monday to Friday at 1:30 pm or at 3.00 pm.
- By Bus: Bruyere / Parent
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/ Bicycle.
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ottawa before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ottawa and book an accommodation of your choice.
72.31% of people who visit Ottawa include Notre Dame Basilica in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
40.14% of people start their Notre Dame Basilica visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Notre Dame Basilica
51.44% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Notre Dame Basilica
Beautiful church you must visit if you go to Montreal. I have been there many times and always had a good experience. Historic building.
The Basilica my Great Uncle the First Arch Bishop of Ottawa, built. He was a great and good man I'm told by everyone and every priest I meet. I go often to pray and to both English and French Mass.
Very nice architecture. Calm and quiet ambience. Nice place to relax. The colourful painting on the windows is just amazing. You can watch them all day and wonder how they did it. There is clean washrooms in the basement.
A beautiful Catholic Cathedral with hand carved images of the Saints lining the wall behind the high altar. Their Casavant organ has just been referbished and their choirs are excellent!
The church is absolutely stunning inside. My girlfriend and I partook in the noon mass, and were both inspired by the main priest on his sermon. The choir astounded us with their skill, delicacy, and their grasp of both the English and Latin language. I would definately reccommend attending mass at this church, or if you are not a part of the belief, just step inside and take in the beautiful and intricate carving and designs