Ottawa Locks410 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Ottawa, ON K1A 0A4, Canada
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-6132835170
- Ticket Price: 2 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids
The Ottawa Locks consist of 8 locks that link the Ottawa river to the Rideau Canal. The locks provide a lift of 24 meters and is still manually operated. The boat rides take you to the locks and also offers a stunning view of the buildings that line the canal. Water taxis are easily available for a quick ride and the neighboring cafes and eateries make for a pleasant place to grab a quick bite at later.
Entrance Ticket Details For Ottawa Locks
Lockage Prices: (Per foot)
- Single Lock and Return: $ 0.90
- One Day: $ 1.60
- Transit one-way: $ 4.65
- Six Days: $ 5.05
- Seasonal: $ 8.80
- Seasonal (Rental House Boats): $ 13.10
- Seasonal (Commercial): $ 28.80
Ottawa Locks Hours
Operating Hours of the Canal:
- May 20 to June 26: Victoria Day: 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
- June 27 to September 5: Canada Day, August Civic Holiday and Labour Day: 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
- September 6 to October 10: Thanksgiving: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- At lock stations with one lock, boaters must arrive at the designated blue line 30 minutes before closing. At lockstations with more than one lock, 30 minutes per lock chamber is required. (i.e. for three locks, arrive 90 minutes before closing).
How to Reach Ottawa Locks
- By Bus: Elgin / Wellington
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/ Bicycle.
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ottawa before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ottawa and book an accommodation of your choice.
19.5% of people who visit Ottawa include Ottawa Locks in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
73.13% of people start their Ottawa Locks visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Ottawa Locks
66.67% of people prefer walking in order to reach Ottawa Locks