Parliament Hill1017 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Wellington St, Ottawa, ON K1A 0A4, Canada Map
- Phone: +1-6139924793
- Time Required: 01:20 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids
Feel close to political royalty by taking a tour of the Parliament Hill and Buildings. The parliament suite which still houses the Canadian legislature, was built in 1859 and is one of the most visited places in the country. The hill was a military base all through the 18th century till the early 19th century. The peace tower was added in 1927. Today, the buildings are loved for its sheers history, Gothic-revival design and heavenly gardens.
Main attractions of the hill include:
- Centennial Flame
- Canadian Police Memorium dedicated to the Canadian Police officers who were killed since 1879.
- Victoria Tower Bell
- War of 1812 Monument
Parliament Hill Hours
- Opening hours vary depending on the day and time of your visit. Please consult Centre Block Guided Tour departures for up-to-date information.
- Centre Block is open for tours year-round. East Block is open from July to early September.
- Access to the buildings cannot be guaranteed and schedules are subject to change without notice.
- Parliament is closed on Christmas Day (December 25), New Year’s Day (January 1) and Canada Day (July 1).
Ticketing center hours (at 90 Wellington Street): September- to March Weekdays: 9:00 am to 3:30 pm
- Weekends: 9:00 am to 4:30 pm April- May
- Weekdays: 7:45 am to 5:00 pm
- Weekends: 7:45 am to 6:00 pm May- June
- Weekdays: 9:00 am to 7:30 pm
- Weekends: 9:00 am to 4:30 pm July- September
- Daily: 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Actual dates vary every year. For more information, visit the official website.
- Guided tours: first come firs- served basis.
- For group tours of more than 10 people, do make prior reservations.
- Same day tickets for individual visits are available at 9.00 am daily.
- For other hours, visit the official website.
- Recommended time of arrival is at 9.00 am.
How to Reach Parliament Hill
- By Bus: Wellington / O'Connor
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/ Bicycle.
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ottawa before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ottawa and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Parliament Hill Address: Wellington St, Ottawa, ON K1A 0A4, Canada
- Parliament Hill Contact Number: +1-6139924793
- Time required to visit Parliament Hill: 01:20 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
43.48% of people who visit Ottawa include Parliament Hill in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
50.97% of people start their Parliament Hill visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Parliament Hill
80.22% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Parliament Hill
People normally club together Canadian Museum Of Nature and Changing Of The Guard while planning their visit to Parliament Hill.