- Address: Wellington St, Ottawa, ON K1A 0A4, Canada
- Phone: +1-6139924793
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:20 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids
Parliament Hill - Review
Feel close to political royalty by taking a tour of the Parliament Hill and Buildings. The parliament suite which still houses the Canadian legislature, was built in 1859 and is one of the most visited places in the country. The hill was a military base all through the 18th century till the early 19th century. The peace tower was added in 1927. Today, the buildings are loved for its sheers history, Gothic-revival design and heavenly gardens.
Main attractions of the hill include:
- Centennial Flame
- Canadian Police Memorium dedicated to the Canadian Police officers who were killed since 1879.
- Victoria Tower Bell
- War of 1812 Monument
Parliament Hill Opening and Closing Hours
- Opening hours vary depending on the day and time of your visit. Please consult Centre Block Guided Tour departures for up-to-date information.
- Centre Block is open for tours year-round. East Block is open from July to early September.
- Access to the buildings cannot be guaranteed and schedules are subject to change without notice.
- Parliament is closed on Christmas Day (December 25), New Year’s Day (January 1) and Canada Day (July 1).
Ticketing center hours (at 90 Wellington Street): September- to March Weekdays: 9:00 am to 3:30 pm
- Weekends: 9:00 am to 4:30 pm April- May
- Weekdays: 7:45 am to 5:00 pm
- Weekends: 7:45 am to 6:00 pm May- June
- Weekdays: 9:00 am to 7:30 pm
- Weekends: 9:00 am to 4:30 pm July- September
- Daily: 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Actual dates vary every year. For more information, visit the official website.
- Guided tours: first come firs- served basis.
- For group tours of more than 10 people, do make prior reservations.
- Same day tickets for individual visits are available at 9.00 am daily.
- For other hours, visit the official website.
- Recommended time of arrival is at 9.00 am.
How To reach Parliament Hill by Public Transport
- By Bus: Wellington / O'Connor
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/ Bicycle.
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ottawa before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ottawa and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Parliament Hill
95% of people who visit Ottawa include Parliament Hill in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
58.75% of people start their Parliament Hill visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Parliament Hill
81.27% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Parliament Hill
Parliament Hill Map
Parliament Hill Trips
Parliament Hill, Ottawa Reviews
This was a very unique experience. I would have liked to take the free tour, but we didn't have the time. Tickets would have been easy enough to get from the information building, but the time slots left available didn't fit our schedule. I was grateful for the water fountain equipped with a bottle spout so we could fill up our water bottles as it was a hot day and we'd walked about 5 blocks from where we had parked our car. Also in the information center were public bathrooms in the basement. They walk around the parliament complex was easy enough, even with a stroke and the guards were delightful to chat with. The West end of the complex was under construction as they are currently restoring and renovating the buildings so we didn't get to see what was over there. There are brochures at information that can be used for a self guided tour.
This is a must see when you visit Ottawa. To be honest, you can't miss it. You can get terrific views of the buildings from along Wellington Street, Major Hills Park (and Mackenzie Ave), across Alexandra Bridge and into Quebec near the Canadian Museum of History. In front of the buildings on the main lawn you can walk past the Centennial Flame of which shields of Canada's 13 provinces are adorned. There are free tours of Parliament but get there early to grab a ticket.
Canada's pride. Beautiful hill filled with a lot of old style governmental buildings. The view is stunning from every angle. The parliament visit is highly recommended specially for Canadians. The peace tower is great and the old library is amazing. If the weather is good, I recommend walking towards the other side of the river on Alexandra bridge. The view of parliament hill from the other side of the river is amazing.
Absolutely beautiful architecture and the cornerstone of Canada's democracy. Home to the House of Commons and the Senate, the Parliament building is quite meticulously designed and serves its purpose well as a building with historic and practical values. The Peace Tower also announces the time to the surrounding neighbourhood. There are many peaceful activists and many ceremonial demonstrations on the hill. There is also a projected light show every night. You definitely have to visit here if you are in Ottawa!
Very nice experience. Worth visiting if you interested in history, nice landscape photography, cool river view. There is small museum in coffee house below the hill. Avoid taking your car, you may have to struggle for parking. One would enjoy bicycle ride. Go with family enjoy the vocation and have great fun.
All QuestionsParliament hill
- St James End, O/s Beacon Bingo
- The Jans Karaoke
- Sportsmans Lodge
- European Christian Mission
- Looking Glass Theatre
- Delia's 3D Laser Art
- St Michael & All Angels C Of E Church
- Old School Christian Centre
- Cuffley Free Church
- Tolmers Scout Camp
- St Martins De Porres Church
- Cuffley & Northaw Sports Clubs
- Home Insulation
- Saint Thomas A Becket