Parliament Hill, Ottawa
Parliament Hill, Ottawa - Address, Phone Number
Address: Wellington St, Ottawa, ON K1A 0A4, Canada
Time Required: 01:20 Hrs
Added 5.5K times in trip plans
Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Parliament Hill, Ottawa
Feel close to political royalty by taking a tour of the Parliament Hill and Buildings. The parliament suite which still houses the Canadian legislature, was built in 1859 and is one of the most visited places in the country. The hill was a military base all through the 18th century till the early 19th century. The peace tower was added in 1927. Today, the buildings are loved for its sheers history, Gothic-revival design and heavenly gardens.
Main attractions of the hill include:
- Centennial Flame
- Canadian Police Memorium dedicated to the Canadian Police officers who were killed since 1879.
- Victoria Tower Bell
- War of 1812 Monument
Parliament Hill Opening and Closing Hours
- Opening hours vary depending on the day and time of your visit. Please consult Centre Block Guided Tour departures for up-to-date information.
- Centre Block is open for tours year-round. East Block is open from July to early September.
- Access to the buildings cannot be guaranteed and schedules are subject to change without notice.
- Parliament is closed on Christmas Day (December 25), New Year’s Day (January 1) and Canada Day (July 1).
Ticketing center hours (at 90 Wellington Street): September- to March Weekdays: 9:00 am to 3:30 pm
- Weekends: 9:00 am to 4:30 pm April- May
- Weekdays: 7:45 am to 5:00 pm
- Weekends: 7:45 am to 6:00 pm May- June
- Weekdays: 9:00 am to 7:30 pm
- Weekends: 9:00 am to 4:30 pm July- September
- Daily: 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Actual dates vary every year. For more information, visit the official website.
- Guided tours: first come firs- served basis.
- For group tours of more than 10 people, do make prior reservations.
- Same day tickets for individual visits are available at 9.00 am daily.
- For other hours, visit the official website.
- Recommended time of arrival is at 9.00 am.
How To reach Parliament Hill by Public Transport
- By Bus: Wellington / O'Connor
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/ Bicycle.
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ottawa before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ottawa and book an accommodation of your choice.
Parliament Hill Tickets And Tours
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best best of Ottawa
Parliament Hill, Ottawa Reviews - Write a Review
It was great to visit our nation's capital city and Parliament Hill - really brings history and politics to life. Definitely can't condone the decisions that get made there, but the building itself is beautiful. Very intricate architecture and interesting history... it was especially interesting to hear the history and significance of each part of the building from our local MP. It was nice to meet our MP there in person. The library is amazing, I've never seen that many books at one time in my life! Great view of Ottawa from the Peace Tower... and standing right under the huge 9-foot clock face was really neat! It was also very interesting and thought-provoking to see the tribute paid to fallen soldiers in the Memorial Chamber, especially meeting 2 women there who came to see their uncle's name written in the book. Also nice to see the many Bible verses inscribed in the architecture as part of our nation's rich culture and history.
A gorgeous place with amazing architectural designed buildings. This is the hub of Government for Canada and it is well worth a few hours of your time.. you can walk the grounds which is dotted with numerous statues. It also sits high in a bluff so it will provide some beautiful pictures of the river and locks. We did the library tour and I cannot rate this higher. You go inside the Parliament building and get to spend 20 minutes in an amazing library
Worth visiting Ottawa. Just for a visit to Parliament. Important info : To get a tour of the Parliament, you ought to collect passes before hand. Every day's passes are issued on the same day,starting at 9AM, in a building right opposite to Parliament. Very important info : The main blocks of the Parliament are being closed for renovations from Fall 2018 and will be opened after 10-15years. So you better hurry!
The tour guide we had was great. Go on the weekend to avoid school groups and to go as close as possible to the House of Commons. The ticket system is silly though. When you get to the peace tower they will direct you back across the lawn to a government building to get a free ticket. Just keep the tickets at the gates.... It would make so much more sense!
Great place to see before the 2018 renovations. Tour was guided by a tour guide named Max who was incredibly friendly and knowledgeable. An amazing education on Canada and the political arena that has guided Canada over the past 150 years to be the great nation it is today. Would definitely recommend doing it before it's shut down for renovations.