- Address: Wellington St, Ottawa, ON K1A 0A4, Canada
- Phone: +1-6139924793
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:20 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids
Feel close to political royalty by taking a tour of the Parliament Hill and Buildings. The parliament suite which still houses the Canadian legislature, was built in 1859 and is one of the most visited places in the country. The hill was a military base all through the 18th century till the early 19th century. The peace tower was added in 1927. Today, the buildings are loved for its sheers history, Gothic-revival design and heavenly gardens.
Main attractions of the hill include:
- Centennial Flame
- Canadian Police Memorium dedicated to the Canadian Police officers who were killed since 1879.
- Victoria Tower Bell
- War of 1812 Monument
- Opening hours vary depending on the day and time of your visit. Please consult Centre Block Guided Tour departures for up-to-date information.
- Centre Block is open for tours year-round. East Block is open from July to early September.
- Access to the buildings cannot be guaranteed and schedules are subject to change without notice.
- Parliament is closed on Christmas Day (December 25), New Year’s Day (January 1) and Canada Day (July 1).
Ticketing center hours (at 90 Wellington Street): September- to March Weekdays: 9:00 am to 3:30 pm
- Weekends: 9:00 am to 4:30 pm April- May
- Weekdays: 7:45 am to 5:00 pm
- Weekends: 7:45 am to 6:00 pm May- June
- Weekdays: 9:00 am to 7:30 pm
- Weekends: 9:00 am to 4:30 pm July- September
- Daily: 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Actual dates vary every year. For more information, visit the official website.
- Guided tours: first come firs- served basis.
- For group tours of more than 10 people, do make prior reservations.
- Same day tickets for individual visits are available at 9.00 am daily.
- For other hours, visit the official website.
- Recommended time of arrival is at 9.00 am.
- By Bus: Wellington / O'Connor
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/ Bicycle.
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ottawa before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ottawa and book an accommodation of your choice.
70.7% of people who visit Ottawa include Parliament Hill in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
50.97% of people start their Parliament Hill visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Parliament Hill
80.22% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Parliament Hill
Absolutely beautiful architecture and the cornerstone of Canada's democracy. Home to the House of Commons and the Senate, the Parliament building is quite meticulously designed and serves its purpose well as a building with historic and practical values. The Peace Tower also announces the time to the surrounding neighbourhood. There are many peaceful activists and many ceremonial demonstrations on the hill. There is also a projected light show every night. You definitely have to visit here if you are in Ottawa!
Fantastic architecture. Great to experience the freedom and democracy in Canada. Not many nations will offer its citizens and visitors unfettered access to its elected leaders and the institution where laws are made! Must see place in Ottawa. Well worth the walk through.
This place is amazing and everyone is so pleasant. I just love the architecture here, I get so happy about historical structure. I get that European feel but with a western kick . The eternal flame is still lit, (I tried multiple times to blow it out, but I think my diaphragm started to bruise) Don't forget to get a beaver tail!!!
The architecture is great! Well worth the visit! Make sure to visit the Peace Tower up the elevator and the Parliamentary Library as well. Note: For quicker process at the detection area put your watch, jewelry, phone and keys inside your bag or jacket.
They offer free tours (~15 min) in both English and French, tickets can be picked up across the street. On Wednesdays there are live debates at 2:15 pm if you are interested to watch. The House of Commons is more popular so do get in line earlier.