Peace Tower963 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Peace Tower, 111 Wellington St, Ottawa, ON K1A 0A6, Canada
- Phone: +1-6139924793
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Landmark, Family And Kids, Tower
The Peace Tower was added to the Parliament Buildings in the 1920’s and today it is one of the finest examples of Gothic design with a number of gargoyles, friezes and other stone sculptures that adorn the tall tower.
The Memorial Chamber dedicated to the Canadians who sacrificed their lives during the Great War, has a collection of all the names of the fallen soldiers in the Books of Remembrance. The view of the city from the Peace Tower, invites locals and tourists alike and is the highlight of the place.
Peace Tower Travel Tips
- Other contact detail:+1 8665994999
Entrance Ticket Details For Peace Tower
- You do not need a ticket to access the Tower.
Peace Tower Hours
- It is best to visit the place at 9.00 am. (reach the place a few minutes early).
- The bells cover 4 1/2 octaves and during July and August, the carillon plays from 11.00 am to 12.00 pm on weekdays.
- From September to June the Peace Tower Carillon plays from 12.00 pm to 12:15 pm on weekdays.
- Recommended time of arrival is at 8.45 am.
How to Reach Peace Tower
- By Bus: Pl. Confed. Sq
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/ Bicycle.
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ottawa before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ottawa and book an accommodation of your choice.
36.56% of people who visit Ottawa include Peace Tower in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
47.13% of people start their Peace Tower visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Peace Tower
58.23% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Peace Tower