Petrie Island Park4 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Orléans, ON K4A 3P4, Canada, Ottawa
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Island, View Point, Family And Kids, Nature
Formed by the deposition of clay and sand during the last Ice Age, the Petrie Island Park sheds its history to offer a natural getaway from the hustle-bustle of the city. Most of the Island is wetlands and forested area with a rich bird and animal life. The view of the Ottawa river adds to the scenic beauty while the number or trails and walkways that peek through the trees, is a highlight for nature lovers. If you love the beach, spend some time sun-soaking here or simply take a swim in the water.
Petrie Island Park Travel Tips
- Carry bottled drinking water and snacks.
- Wearing sunscreen will be helpful.
- Do carry your swimsuit if you plan on spending some time at the beach.
Entrance Ticket Details For Petrie Island Park
- Parking cost is $2 for 5 hours.
Petrie Island Park Hours
- Parking at the island is open daily from 7.00 am to 6.00 pm.
How to Reach Petrie Island Park
- By Bus: Jeanne-D'Arc N / Trim (2 kilometers away)
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/ Bicycle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ottawa before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ottawa and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.15% of people who visit Ottawa include Petrie Island Park in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
95% of people start their Petrie Island Park visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Petrie Island Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Petrie Island Park