Safari Ostrich Show FarmCurrently Closed
- Address: R328, Oudtshoorn, 6620, South Africa
- Timings: 08:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +27-442727311
- Ticket Price: 110 ZAR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Safari, Tour, Family And Kids
Safari Ostrich Show Farm - Review
A great operating farm where visitors can observe large flocks of ostriches at the different stages of their development, the tour guides make the experience interactive by offering information in multi languages. Giving an in-sight on ostrich farming, breeding and rearing of these adorable creatures, visitors can also enjoy ostrich rides and click photographs with these cute posers!
Safari Ostrich Show Farm Information
- Restaurant and tourist store are available.
- Group bookings are available.
- Online booking is available on official website.
- You have to weigh less than 80kg if you want to sit on an ostrich for a photo.
- You have to weigh less than 70kg if you want to ride an ostrich.
- Wheel-chair friendly.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
Safari Ostrich Show Farm Ticket Prices
- Children Under 14: R 55
- Ostrich Rides: R 46
Safari Ostrich Show Farm Hours
- The classic tour duration is 1 hour.
- The group tours are available till 05:00 pm daily.
How To reach Safari Ostrich Show Farm by Public Transport
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Oudtshoorn before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Oudtshoorn and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Safari Ostrich Show Farm
29.59% of people who visit Oudtshoorn include Safari Ostrich Show Farm in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
58.33% of people start their Safari Ostrich Show Farm visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Safari Ostrich Show Farm
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Safari Ostrich Show Farm
Safari Ostrich Show Farm Trips
Safari Ostrich Show Farm, Oudtshoorn Reviews
The oldest ostrich show farm does a great job. AND they don't allow ostrich rides anymore - a cruel practise.
After completing visit of Cango Caves, we left for Safari Ostrich Farm located near Odtshroon town, By the time we reached,it was about 1:30 PM so we had lunch first. No photos. Had Indian food made by local chef. Do not remember what we had, so it must have been average. One thing positively remember we did not have ostrich meat. We were taken around the farm. Guide told about ostrich farming. Many of interesting tidbits were, Around 1875 to 1890 an ostrich feather was worth more than gold in weight. Even at the turn of the nineteenth century ostrich farmers were minting money. First & Second world wars ruined ostrich feather trade. Many ostrich farmers went bankrupt.Today only about 5% of the farm revenue comes from ostrich feather. It came as a great surprise to learn that remaining 95 % revenue comes from ostrich meat and skins which are extensively used for making leather goods like purses, belts etc. Had never imagined that one day the ostrich meat & skin will earn more than its feathers. Another interesting thing, A female ostrich lays five eggs at a time. Farmer clandestinely removes 2 or 3 eggs. Female thinks she has laid less then normal and makes up total of five again . This is repeated few times. In this way farmer increases his turnover as much as ten times normal. Going around the farm and watching the ostriches was a novel experience. In addition to South African ostriches Safari Ostrich Farm also has Kenyan Red, Zimbabwe Blue as well as beautiful, rare white ostriches. Though not very exciting, if you have travelled all the way in the neighbourhood of Odtshroon, a visit to Safari Ostrich Farm is surely called for.
Prefer this farm above all others. Good tour. Restaurant very affordable and good food. Friendly staff
Informative, beautiful shop and a must do when you are in the area. Prices seem to be aimed at international tourists but what will a trip to Oudtshoorn be without visiting an ostrich farm. The kids loved it.
I love this show farm. Good food. Friendly staff.