Claustro De San FranciscoCurrently Open
- Address: Praza Maior, 1, 32005 Ourense, Spain Map
- Timings: 11:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-988388100
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Monument, Family And Kids
Formerly located near the Auditorium of Orense this building was moved brick by brick to its current location in San loranzo Park. The 14th century Gothic Cloister of the convent of San Francisco, has a rectangular plan with 63 arches 76 double columns. Declared a National monument in 1923 it also has a fantastic collection of anthropomorphic animals sculpted between arches. The convent was closed for a long time and was re-opened in June 2013 and is now converted into a hostel for pilgrims.
Claustro De San Francisco Travel Tips
- The infamous cemetery of San Francisco is right next to the convent.
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Claustro De San Francisco
- Located in the centre of the city, towards the south end of Plaza Mayor.
- Mata lo bicho
- Aldae da grella
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ourense before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ourense and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Claustro De San Francisco Address: Praza Maior, 1, 32005 Ourense, Spain
- Claustro De San Francisco Contact Number: +34-988388100
- Claustro De San Francisco Timing: 11:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Best time to visit Claustro De San Francisco(preferred time): 11:30 am - 01:30 pm
- Time required to visit Claustro De San Francisco: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
95% of people who visit Ourense include Claustro De San Francisco in their plan
64.29% of people start their Claustro De San Francisco visit around 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Claustro De San Francisco
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Claustro De San Francisco
People normally club together Catedral De Ourense and Canon Do Sil while planning their visit to Claustro De San Francisco.