Ourense Thermal SpringsCurrently Closed
- Address: Mercado da Feira, s/n, 32001 Ourense, Spain
- Timings: 09:30 am - 11:30 pm Details
- Phone: +34-988214821
- Ticket Price: 4 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Water Body, Cafe, Family And Kids, Architecture
Ourense Thermal Springs - Review
One of the main attractions in Ourense are its hot springs as the place holds one of the greatest amounts of geothermal water in Europe. There are many such ‘pozas’ around the city where you can have an outdoor bath. Ancient romans instantly realized the medicinal potential of such naturally occurring hot springs and it soon became known to heal physical complications like arthritis and rheumatism. One such thermal spring located on the banks of river Mino is ‘A Chavasqueira’.
- It is a wood-made architectonic construction inspired by ancient Japanese Temple. It has a stone garden surrounded by springs.
- The place supplies three outdoor warm swimming pools with temperatures ranging from 41 degrees C to 70 degrees C.
- It also has one cold swimming pool, two saunas and a café for refreshments.
How To reach Ourense Thermal Springs by Public Transport
- By Road - Located on N525. Rua Fiera Nova. Close to Ourense Train Station.
Restaurants Near Ourense Thermal Springs
- Bar Reza O Regato
- Martin Fierro Casa Ovidio
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ourense before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ourense and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Ourense Thermal Springs
95% of people who visit Ourense include Ourense Thermal Springs in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
56.58% of people start their Ourense Thermal Springs visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Ourense Thermal Springs
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ourense Thermal Springs