Are you looking for what to do in Ouro Preto?
THINGS TO SEE
- Igreja Nossa Senhora do Pilar: The city has several major churches of Baroque and Rococo styles. These are exemplary monuments of Brazil's colonial times, lavish and elegant. They are deeply tied to the city's history.
- Conspiracy Museum (Museu da Inconfidencia): The museum is dedicated to the history and martyrs of the separatist movement in the 18th century that tried to gain this state's independence from the Portuguese.
- Casa dos Contos (House of Tales): In addition to being a historical monument, this house is also the currency and taxation museum for the state.
- Praca Tiradentes (Tiradentes Square): This historical square is the heart of the city, and there are several important buildings surrounding it. In the middle of the square is a monument to the man who led the 18th century separatist movement.
- Minas Chico Rei (Chico King's Mine): This gold excavation tunnel is famous throughout the land, especially for its ties to the legend of Chico Rei, the slave turned king.\
THINGS TO DO
- Don’t miss out adding riding the historic locomotive on the scenic way to Mariana to your vacation itinerary planner.
- Tomba Turismo is a cultural tour agency of Ouro Petro; sign up with them to check out the town.
- Catch a show at the Ouro Preto Theater
- Find the open air soapstone market on a hill east to Praca Tiradentes.
Below we have a list of things to do in Ouro Preto and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Ouro Preto getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Ouro Preto with confidence.