Museum Of The History Of Science143 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Broad Street, Oxford OX1 3AZ, England, United Kingdom
- Timings: 12:00 pm - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44018-65277280
- Fax: +44-01865277288
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Science Museums, Educational Site, Family And Kids, Exhibition , Social, Arts, Museums
It is also known as (MHS).
Witness an unparalleled collection of scientific instruments from the early medieval period to modern times. The building that houses the museum is also called the ‘Old Ashmolean Building’ and happens to be the world’s oldest museum. MHS serves as both a public museum and an academic department of the University. The MHS traces the history of science since time immemorial and is well stocked to do the task with over 18,000 objects in its collection.
The museum contains sundials, navigation and surveillance instruments, telescopes, quadrants, astrolabe, cameras, mathematical instruments, microscopes as well as ancient manuscripts and visual documentation at the public library. One of the most prized possessions at the MHS is ‘Einstein’s Blackboard’ that the scientist had used in 1931 during his lectures at Oxford.
MHS regularly conducts special events, guided tours and talks for its visitors. The young ones can gain hands on knowledge about the universe, quirky gadgets, the art of medicine making and also participate in fun story telling sessions conducted by award winning volunteers.
Their highly detailed and user friendly website is a good starting point to plan your visit.
Museum Of The History Of Science Travel Tips
- The MHS as an active online presence that allows users to access the online versions of their collections and exhibitions.
- Regularguided tours take place on specific days only. Confirm before making a visit.
Entrance Ticket Details For Museum Of The History Of Science
- Admission into the museum is free but you are welcome to make a donation to express your support.
How to Reach Museum Of The History Of Science
- By Bus: Broad Street (E-bound), Turl Street (Stop L1) – 12C, 101, 103, 104, 108, 118, 270, 275, 280, N1, N3, N8, NU1, T1, T2, T3, U1.
- The White Horse
- King’s Arms
- Turl Street Kitchen
- The Turf Tavern
- News Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Oxford before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Oxford and book an accommodation of your choice.
10.19% of people who visit Oxford include Museum Of The History Of Science in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
90% of people start their Museum Of The History Of Science visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Museum Of The History Of Science
59.46% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Museum Of The History Of Science