Oxford Covered Market557 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Market Street, Oxford, England, United Kingdom Map
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Cafe, Entertainment, Market, Family And Kids
The Covered Market came into existence in the late 18th century and has since been a favourite with the locals and tourists alike. The idea behind creating a covered market space was to clear out shabby stalls from the streets of Oxford. Land too was expensive for many small traders who were forced to scatter their stalls and services around the town.
The market was used as a central complex to sell farm produce, meat, fish and dairy products. The retailers at the Oxford Covered Market today continue to sell foodstuff but the range of items sold has expanded considerably. The market now has numerous bakeries, cafes and many options for shopping. The market has something or the other to serve your demands. It is especially recommended for indulging your taste buds because let’s face it – Oxford museums are surely a great food for the brain but they don’t exactly do much for the stomach.
Try Ben’s Cookies and the Oxford Cheese Shop at the market.
Oxford Covered Market Travel Tips
- Saturday is a particularly busy time at the market.
How to Reach Oxford Covered Market
- By Bus: Carfax (Stop I2) – 3, 5, 13, 23, 270, 275, 280, N3, X13.
- The Mitre
- All Bar One
- Mission Burrito
- At Thai
- The Pie Emporium
- Pizza Hut
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Oxford before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Oxford and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Oxford Covered Market Address: Market Street, Oxford, England, United Kingdom
- Oxford Covered Market Timing: 08:00 am - 05:30 pm
- Best time to visit Oxford Covered Market(preferred time): 10:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Oxford Covered Market: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
37.26% of people who visit Oxford include Oxford Covered Market in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
54.67% of people start their Oxford Covered Market visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Oxford Covered Market
58.7% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Oxford Covered Market
People normally club together Oxford Castle and Ashmolean Museum Of Art And Archaeology while planning their visit to Oxford Covered Market.