Events and Festivals in Pachmarhi
Festivals of Panchmarhi celebrate the culture and mythology of India.
- Mahashivratri Mela (February-March): The Mahashivratri Mela celebrates the wedding of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati. The Mahadeo Temple in the small town is flooded with worshippers who come from far and near to take blessings.
- Pachmarhi Utsava (December): A 6-day affair held from December 25 to New Years, the festival is filled with cultural performances, Folk-art exhibits and handloom markets where you can shop for locally-made good.
- Holiand Rang Panchami (March): Known as the ‘festival of colors’, the festival marks the beginning of the spring season. Locals play with colors to celebrate.
- Eid (Eid al-Fitr): The festival marks the end of Ramadan and is celebrated by offering prayers and having a feast with loved ones.
- Diwali (October- November): ‘Diyas’ (small lamps) are lit-up in homes to celebrate the season of light and prosperity.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Pachmarhi