Jata Shankar Temple98 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Jatashankar Rd, Pachmarhi, Madhya Pradesh 461881, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
The Jata Shankar Temple is a popular Shiva temple cave where naturally formed stalagmites form the deity of Lord Shiva as ‘Shivalingams’.
The rock formation that resembles the Jata (hair) of Lord Shiva is what gives the cave it’s name. A visit here as you walk around the loosely set boulders and explore the warm and cool pools that are formed by natural streams, completes the experience. The main shrine is the highlight of the place.
Jata Shankar Temple Travel Tips
- Wear modest clothing’s and remember to leave your shoes behind before you enter the shrine.
How to Reach Jata Shankar Temple
- Bus: Main Panchmarhi Bus Stand (2 kilometers away)
- Rent a Car/Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Pachmarhi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pachmarhi and book an accommodation of your choice.
18.56% of people who visit Pachmarhi include Jata Shankar Temple in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
38.89% of people start their Jata Shankar Temple visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Jata Shankar Temple
89.66% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jata Shankar Temple