Scrovegni Chapel Or Cappella Degli ScrovegniCurrently Open [Closes at 07:00 pm]
- Address: Piazza Eremitani, 8, 35121 Padua, Italy
- Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-0492010020
- Ticket Price: 13 EUR
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
Scrovegni Chapel Or Cappella Degli Scrovegni - Review
Also known as the Chapel of Arena, it is one of the finest masterpieces of Western Classical Art. This chapel has been dedicated to Santa Maria. The main attraction in this church is the collection of paintings by Giotto. All his paintings are circled around the life of Virgin Mary. The most attractive frescoes here symbolize some very important mythological events such as The Last Judgment, and The Kiss of Judas.
Scrovegni Chapel Or Cappella Degli Scrovegni Information
- Prior reservation in compulsory.
- Online reservation is available.
- Same day reservation is possible only for credit card payment.
- For bank transfer payment, reservation should be made three days prior to the visit.
- Tickets should be collected in advance.
- For group tours, visit the ticket collection office 45 minutes prior to the visit.
- Guided tours are available and have separate charges.
- Pets, bags, video cameras, cameras, food and drinks are not allowed inside the Chapel. Mobile phones must be switched OFF.
Scrovegni Chapel Or Cappella Degli Scrovegni Ticket Prices
- The ticket price includes reservation charges.
- Group discounts are available.
- Children, students and senior citizens have reduced tickets.
- Padua card is acceptable.
Scrovegni Chapel Or Cappella Degli Scrovegni Hours
- Special evening visits are possible in winter and the timings vary every year, can be confirmed locally.
- The duration of the visit is fixed.
- For March, April, may, 1 - 15 June, august, September, October, 1 - 15 December: 15 minutes long visit.
- For January, February, 16th to 30th June, July, November, 16th to 31th December: 20 minutes long visit.
How To reach Scrovegni Chapel Or Cappella Degli Scrovegni by Public Transport
- Trams to Eremitani r: SIR1, buses to Garibaldi Giardini
Restaurants Near Scrovegni Chapel Or Cappella Degli Scrovegni
- Ristorante Zaramella
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Padua before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Padua and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Scrovegni Chapel Or Cappella Degli Scrovegni
95% of people who visit Padua include Scrovegni Chapel Or Cappella Degli Scrovegni in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
47.59% of people start their Scrovegni Chapel Or Cappella Degli Scrovegni visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Scrovegni Chapel Or Cappella Degli Scrovegni
92.27% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Scrovegni Chapel Or Cappella Degli Scrovegni
Scrovegni Chapel Or Cappella Degli Scrovegni Trips
Scrovegni Chapel Or Cappella Degli Scrovegni, Padua Reviews
I ordered tickets online the day before. I arrived early at the Museum & waited 'til my appointed time. The Chapel was great but the museum was a wonderful surprise! I would have missed it if it werent for a staff member. The great staff is what makes this experience so much better!
They call it the birthplace of Renaissance art for a reason. The walls inside are covered by Giotto's stunning frescos where for the first time in Western art the Gods and people show real emotion. They cry, they love. One of the great masterpieces which can rank at the very top alongside Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel. Be sure to book viewing slots well in advance.
You have to be on time, if you missed it - you missed it. 15min movie, 15min look around. Lovely little chapel with rich history.
Visiting the Scorovegni Chapel was a complete cultural revival, as it is one of the greatest masterpieces of the Western World. The Chapel truly is a cultural temple of Giotto. His exquisitely detailed and powerful artwork is truly overwhelming and mesmerising. This wonderful sensation of the fulfillment of mind and soul can exclusively be experienced by visiting the Chapel and carefully immersing yourself in this art shrine. Furthermore, the tickets must be bought in advance as the staff allow only about 20/25 people in the Chapel. In addition, there is always a specific time frame provided which must be followed, as they expect your arrival to be timed accordingly. Once you are inside the Chapel the group is allowed to observe and walk around the area for about 25 minutes, thus one must make the most of those 25 minutes.
If you really dig Giotto go to Padua and see this chapel. U need to buy a timed entrance ticket. At your specified time you will be shuttled into a room where you watch a short film about Giotto and the chapel. The you will be allowed in the chapel for 10 minutes. After you texted minutes you will be herded out of the chapel. There is a pretty extensive collection of art there as well. And if you are already in Padua go to the market in the center of town for lunch or a drink.