How to Reach Pahalgam,
The Easiest Way to Reach Pahalgam
- By Air- Pahalgam doesn’t have any airport of its own and the nearest airport is Sheikh-ul-Alam airport, also known as Srinagar airport. This airport is around 95 kilometres away from Pahalgam. It takes about 1 hour 50 minutes to reach. Once you reach at the airport, you can hire a taxi or a cab which will take you to the town.
- By Bus- Pahalgam is well connected to Srinagar and Jammu by buses. The bus service in Pahalgam provides you with luxury and even general coaches of private companies. If you don’t want to travel through state run buses, you can also book a seat for these buses. Roads are the best means to travel through the nearby places to Pahalgam like Panchtarni (40 Kilometres) and Sonamarg (42 kilometres).
- By Train- Nearby railway station to Pahalgam is situated in Jammu and is known as Jammu Tawi railway station. Trains to major cities are available from this railway station.
- By Foot- Pahalgam can be experienced over long walks.
- By Taxi-Taxis are readily available for hire.
- By Pony- Ponies are available at officially published rates everywhere; Main market, Laripora, Aru, Baisaran which is also known as mini Switzerland.
Are you looking for a Pahalgam travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
How to Reach Pahalgam from Nearby Cities
|Katra to Pahalgam||51.64 km||51 mins|
|Jammu to Pahalgam||62.85 km||1 hour 2 mins|
|Srinagar to Pahalgam||106.87 km||1 hour 42 mins|
|Gulmarg to Pahalgam||127.78 km||4 hours 45 mins|