Are you looking for what to do in Pahalgam?
PLACES TO SEE
- Amarnath Caves: Just 55 Kilometres from Kokernag, Amarnath caves is a must visit place. The caves are home to the naturally occurring ice Shivling (lord shiva). It is one of the most significant pilgrim centres for the devotees of Lord Shiva and opens to the visitors for only some days every year.
- Aru Valley: Aru is a tourist place in the Anantnag district of Jammu& Kashmir and is located around 12kilometres from Pahalgam and 11 kilometres upstream from the Lidder river.
- Betaab valley: Betaab valley is located on the way to Chandanwari and is named after the Bollywood movie Betaab. Before this the valley was known as Hajan valley but after the release of the movie the name was changed. This valley is located at a very short distance from Pahalgam. The valley is surrounded by lush green meadows, snow clad mountains and covered with dense vegetation. The valley is a walk-able distance from Pahalgam.
- Baisaran: It is located at a distance of around 5 kilometres from Pahalgam, Baisaran offers panoramic views over the town as well as the Lidder valley.
- Kolahoi Glacier: Kolahoi Glacier, situated up the Lidder Valley, just below Kolahoi Peak is currently a hanging glacier.It is accessible from Pahalgam via Aru. It is known to have extended for at least 35 kilometres in the past.
WHERE TO BE
- Camping at Lidder valley: This is a popular camping site in Pahalgam and is around 12 kilometres away from Aru village and 12 kilometres from Pahalgam.
- Water Rafting: White water Rafting is a very popular sport over here in Pahalgam. It provides pure adventure for tourists. The Lidder River is where the rafting takes place.
- Fishing at Lidder River: This is the best place to do fishing in Pahalgam. Fishing equipment can be hired in Srinagar.Permits are issued by the Tourist Reception Centre.
Below we have a list of things to do in Pahalgam and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Pahalgam getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Pahalgam with confidence.