Monreale Norman CathedralCurrently Closed
- Address: Via Giacomo Matteotti, 20, 90015 Cefalu Palermo, Italy
- Timings: 09:00 am - 07:30 pm Details
- Phone: +39-0918520161
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral , Neighborhoods
Monreale Norman Cathedral - Review
A classic Norman building in the province of Sicily, this place is famous for its golden Mosaics. Constructed in the 12th century as an extension to the royal complex of Palermo, Monreale Norman Cathedral is a grand display of art and culture of Palermo. Because of the diversity of the craftsmen included in the construction, the cathedral displays a blend of Sicilian and Byzantine art resulting into an east meets west fusion style.
Worth observing features of the cathedral are:
- Marble and Tufa exterior arc
- Two sets of Romanesque bronze doors
- The 68220 square feet of golden Mosaics
- Magnificent portrait of Christ Pantocrator ("Ruler of All")
- Cappella del Crocifisso- the interior
- The cathedral treasury
- The cloister
Make it a point to visit the roof terraces of the cathedral that offer a panoramic view of the city
Monreale Norman Cathedral Information
- Do not disturb the peace of the place.
- Do not photograph without permission.
- Modest dressing is recommended.
How To reach Monreale Norman Cathedral by Public Transport
- On foot, bus or metro.
Restaurants Near Monreale Norman Cathedral
- Ristorante Le Chat Noir
- Al Porticciolo
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Palermo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Palermo and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Monreale Norman Cathedral
67.29% of people who visit Palermo include Monreale Norman Cathedral in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
91.74% of people start their Monreale Norman Cathedral visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Monreale Norman Cathedral
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Monreale Norman Cathedral
People normally club together Catacombs Of The Capuchins Or Catacombe Dei Cappuccini and Castellaccio while planning their visit to Monreale Norman Cathedral.
People also prefer to start their day with Monreale Norman Cathedral.