Santa Maria Dell'ammiraglio Or La MartoranaCurrently Open [Closes at 07:00 pm]
- Address: Via Vittorio Emanuele, 32, 90015 Cefalu Palermo, Italy
- Timings: 09:15 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-3458288231
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
Santa Maria Dell'ammiraglio Or La Martorana - Review
Built in Romanesque style and dedicated to the Virgin Mary, this Chiesa della Martorana in Palermo dates from 1143 and is famed for its spectacular mosaics. The official name for La Martorana is Santa Maria dell'Ammiraglio which means St. Mary of the Admiral.
The facade and the interiors have undergone several changes in past 10 centuries but the glorious mosaics have survived the test of time.
Worth observing at La Martorana:
- Bell tower
- The facade
- The entrance
- The mosaics
Santa Maria Dell'ammiraglio Or La Martorana Information
- Do not disturb the peace of the place.
- Do not photograph without permission.
- Modest dressing is recommended.
- During your visit to La Martorana, obtain a key from the custodian sitting at a tiny table to your right as you enter the chapel - this allows entry into the little Chiesa di San Cataldo next door.
Restaurants Near Santa Maria Dell'ammiraglio Or La Martorana
- Ristorante Le Chat Noir
- Al Porticciolo
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Palermo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Palermo and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Santa Maria Dell'ammiraglio Or La Martorana
78.79% of people who visit Palermo include Santa Maria Dell'ammiraglio Or La Martorana in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
80% of people start their Santa Maria Dell'ammiraglio Or La Martorana visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Santa Maria Dell'ammiraglio Or La Martorana
66.67% of people prefer walking in order to reach Santa Maria Dell'ammiraglio Or La Martorana
Santa Maria Dell'ammiraglio Or La Martorana, Palermo Reviews
All QuestionsSanta maria dell'ammiraglio or la martorana
What is the distance fromWestin Hotel in Palermo to La Martorana? We are seniors. ThanksAnswer Report Abuse
Ma'am there is no Westin Hotel in Palermo, i can definitely help you if you are sure about the hotel's name you are staying at.Report Abuse