If you want to explore the place where the final scene of the movie Godfather was shot, you have to visit Teatro Massimo. Dedicated to king Emanuel 2, this is the largest theatre in Italy and third largest in Europe. Renowned for its perfect acoustics, this theatre was constructed in late 19th century and is inspired by Sicilian architecture. The exterior is designed in neoclassical style incorporating elements from Greek temples and has 1350 seats with 7 tiers. The monumental staircases add to the charm of the structure and the shows and operas are worth catching.
Teatro Massimo Travel Tips
- Online booking is available.
- Prior reservation is recommended.
- Guided tours may also include.
Entrance Ticket Details For Teatro Massimo
- The guided tour of the theater lasts 25 minutes and will cost € 8 (full price), € 5 (reduced), € 6 (groups of at least 20 people, booking is recommended); € 3 (schools). Free admission for children under 6 years.
- Variable for different shows.
Teatro Massimo Hours
- Guided tours are available everyday from 09.30 am to 06.00 pm.
- The duration of such tours is 25 minutes.
- Various tours are available for schools.
- Reservation is required for the tours.
- The show timings are variable.
How to Reach Teatro Massimo
- Buses, rented cars, metros or on foot.
- Foccaceria Del Massimo
- Aboriginal Internet Cafe di Angelo Di Franco
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Palermo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Palermo and book an accommodation of your choice.
76.23% of people who visit Palermo include Teatro Massimo in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
25.97% of people start their Teatro Massimo visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Teatro Massimo
65.36% of people prefer walking in order to reach Teatro Massimo
People normally club together Oratorio Del Rosario Di Santa Cita And Chiesa Di Santa Cita and Galleria D'arte Moderna Sant'anna while planning their visit to Teatro Massimo.