Teatro MassimoCurrently Open
- Address: Piazza Verdi, 90138 Palermo, Italy
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +39-0916053521
- Ticket Price: Free
- Tags: Entertainment, Performance, Theatre, Family And Kids, Architecture
Teatro Massimo - Review
If you want to explore the place where the final scene of the movie Godfather was shot, you have to visit Teatro Massimo. Dedicated to king Emanuel 2, this is the largest theatre in Italy and third largest in Europe. Renowned for its perfect acoustics, this theatre was constructed in late 19th century and is inspired by Sicilian architecture. The exterior is designed in neoclassical style incorporating elements from Greek temples and has 1350 seats with 7 tiers. The monumental staircases add to the charm of the structure and the shows and operas are worth catching.
Teatro Massimo Information
- Online booking is available.
- Prior reservation is recommended.
- Guided tours may also include.
Teatro Massimo Ticket Prices
- The guided tour of the theater lasts 25 minutes and will cost € 8 (full price), € 5 (reduced), € 6 (groups of at least 20 people, booking is recommended); € 3 (schools). Free admission for children under 6 years.
- Variable for different shows.
Teatro Massimo Hours
- Guided tours are available everyday from 09.30 am to 06.00 pm.
- The duration of such tours is 25 minutes.
- Various tours are available for schools.
- Reservation is required for the tours.
- The show timings are variable.
How To reach Teatro Massimo by Public Transport
- Buses, rented cars, metros or on foot.
Restaurants Near Teatro Massimo
- Foccaceria Del Massimo
- Aboriginal Internet Cafe di Angelo Di Franco
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Palermo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Palermo and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Teatro Massimo
95% of people who visit Palermo include Teatro Massimo in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
25.97% of people start their Teatro Massimo visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Teatro Massimo
65.36% of people prefer walking in order to reach Teatro Massimo
People normally club together Oratorio Del Rosario Di Santa Cita And Chiesa Di Santa Cita and Galleria D'arte Moderna Sant'anna while planning their visit to Teatro Massimo.
Teatro Massimo Trips
Teatro Massimo, Palermo Reviews
I visited for the guide tour and the guide lady has been incredibly kind and prepared! Worth a visit for sure. If you're a student or under 25 tickets are reduced. Sadly I can't really tell that much for theatre pieces.
Huge and impressive opera theatre; largest in Italy and third largest in Europe. Particularly interesting is the "echo room" which was a room in which business transactions were made in secret due to the conflicting echos around the walls. Like many working opera theatres, you can only see around it on a guided tour but this is not too expensive. However, the tour guide I had did not have the best grasp of English so bear that in mind.
The place looks better from the outside. Taking the tour showed how badly the theater needs restoration. No air conditioning and water leaks from the ceiling have taken their toll on the structure. It would be nice to see the facility restored.
Beautiful old theater in the heart of Palermo. Great meeting place, surrounded by places to eat, drink, and shop. Taxi stand nearby.
Really beautiful old opera theater. Classy and elegant. And of course, if you read the Godfather it's must see place. Even if not, it's still top worth visiting point in Palermo.