Coachella Valley Preserve360 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: Ramon Road to Thousand Palms Canyon Road, Palm Springs, CA, United States
- Timings: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-7603431234
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Valley, Nature
Located 10 miles east of Palm Springs, the Coachella Valley Preserve is a 17,000 acre site. It is home to the Coachella Valley- Fringe toed lizard found only in this area. The Thousand Palm Oasis, Willis, Hidden Horseshoe and Indian Palms are also found in this preserve.
The Paul Wilhelm Grove is the visitor’s centre of the preserve. There are several hiking trails like McCallum, Hidden Palms, Moon Country, Pushawalla Palms and Willis Palms that will enthral you on the visit!
Coachella Valley Preserve Travel Tips
- Please don't hike off trail. Stay on marked and signed trails. Stay off coyote trails. Just because you see footprints doesn't make it a trail.
- Do not litter.
- No geocaching allowed on the preserve.
- Horses are allowed on parts of Willis Palms, Hidden Palms and Pushwalla Trails. Please, no off-trail equestrian use. Horses are not allowed in any of the oases.
- No Dogs or other pets are allowed on the Preserve. There are good dog-friendly trails in La Quinta and Palm Desert, also at the Whitewater and Mission Creek Preserves.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Guided hikes are available.
Entrance Ticket Details For Coachella Valley Preserve
- Entry is free.
Coachella Valley Preserve Hours
- September 1 - October 15 : 8 am - 12 noon
- October 16 - April 15 : 8 am - 4 pm
- April 15 - May 31 : 8 am - 12 noon
The Visitors Centre is closed for the summer: June 1 through August 31
How to Reach Coachella Valley Preserve
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Palm Springs before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Palm Springs and book an accommodation of your choice.
44.23% of people who visit Palm Springs include Coachella Valley Preserve in their plan
07 AM - 08 AM
51.28% of people start their Coachella Valley Preserve visit around 07 AM - 08 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Coachella Valley Preserve
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Coachella Valley Preserve
People normally club together Desert Falls Country Club and Santa Rosa Mountains And San Jacinto National Monument while planning their visit to Coachella Valley Preserve.
Coachella Valley Preserve Reviews & Ratings
Awesome place to visit. The scenery is amazing. Lots of lizards and other small wildlife abundant throughout trails. Staff was absolutely amazing. So knowledgable about the area. Very friendly & helpful. Ventured here early in my vacation & felt compelled to return before I had to leave. Such a beautiful place. 👍👍👍 you must go
Really cool oasis - definitely stop by if you’re in the area. Awesome trails and scenery. Great way to spend a couple hours with the family. Surpassed our expectations. Also get to walk across the San Andreas fault. There’s a sign you can get your photo with. Interesting plants and shrubs along the trails through the desert, on the way to the oasis.
Beautiful and unique stop, not pr average desert environment. The oasis has a boardwalk and trails so you can wander through the marsh like terrain. They run off donations. No pets allowed. Had the place to myself.
Beautiful place... An oasis in the middle of the desert. Palm trees nice trails. It was a real treat. The best part it was free to enter.
We met friendly people. The palms were very interesting. My son and I enjoyed about 30 minutes of walking. If you are wanting to stand on the San Andreas Fault this is a good place to do that.
can a disabled person enter the coachella valley preserve bij wheelchair?Answer Report Abuse
Not sure. Consider calling the Coachella Valley Preserve contact number 760-343-1234 for details regarding this.Report Abuse