Bellver Castle1640 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Carrer Camilo José Cela, s/n, 07014 Palma, Islas Baleares, Spain, Palma De Mallorca
- Timings: 08:30 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-971735065
- Ticket Price: 2 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, History Museums, Castle, Historical Site, Palace, Family And Kids, Architecture
On the outskirt region of the city, towards the northwest of Palma, Bellver Castle is located at the top of the hill. It was built in 14th century by King James II Majorca as a royal residence. The striking feature of this castle is its shape. The castle is in a round shape, that is something not a common feature among other Spanish castle. Later in 1976, the castle was turned into the city’s history museum. At present, tourists have accessibility to visit the place. The main yard is now used for public ceremonies, such as cultural acts and concerts. The inner courtyard is surrounded by two colonnaded floors. From the center, you get access to the underground water cistern. On the second floor, a chapel of Saint Marc is there which you can visit.
Bellver Castle Travel Tips
- On Sundays, exhibition room and museum remains closed.
- Guided tours are available.
- The opening hours may change due to official receptions and events organized by the City Council of Palma.
Entrance Ticket Details For Bellver Castle
- Entry fee for students 1€.
- Admission is free for children under 14 years.
- On Sundays, the admission is free.
How to Reach Bellver Castle
- Bus: Take bus no 50 and get down at Bellver Castle bus stop.
- Bus no 3, 4, 20, 21, 22 and 46 (via El Terreno) and get down at bus stop – Placa Gomila. From here, 15 minutes walking up the steep hill will let you reach Bellver Castle.
- Happy Restaurant
- Don Salvatore
- Restaurante Japones Shogun
- Mediterraneo 1930
- Tapa Negra
- Restaurante Contraste
- Bahia Mediterraneo
- Cafeteria Colmar
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Palma De Mallorca before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Palma De Mallorca and book an accommodation of your choice.
88.41% of people who visit Palma De Mallorca include Bellver Castle in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
33.45% of people start their Bellver Castle visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Bellver Castle
91.76% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bellver Castle