Bellver Castle, Palma De Mallorca
About Bellver Castle, Palma De Mallorca
Bellver Castle, Palma De Mallorca - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Carrer Camilo José Cela, s/n, 07014 Palma, Islas Baleares, Spain
Ticket Price: 2 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:30 am - 08:00 pm Details
Added 12.5K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, History Museum, Castle, Historical Site, Palace, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
On the outskirt region of the city, towards the northwest of Palma, Bellver Castle is located at the top of the hill. It was built in 14th century by King James II Majorca as a royal residence. The striking feature of this castle is its shape. The castle is in a round shape, that is something not a common feature among other Spanish castle. Later in 1976, the castle was turned into the city’s history museum. At present, tourists have accessibility to visit the place. The main yard is now used for public ceremonies, such as cultural acts and concerts. The inner courtyard is surrounded by two colonnaded floors. From the center, you get access to the underground water cistern. On the second floor, a chapel of Saint Marc is there which you can visit.
Bellver Castle Information
- On Sundays, exhibition room and museum remains closed.
- Guided tours are available.
- The opening hours may change due to official receptions and events organized by the City Council of Palma.
Bellver Castle Ticket Prices
- Entry fee for students 1€.
- Admission is free for children under 14 years.
- On Sundays, the admission is free.
How To reach Bellver Castle by Public Transport
- Bus: Take bus no 50 and get down at Bellver Castle bus stop.
- Bus no 3, 4, 20, 21, 22 and 46 (via El Terreno) and get down at bus stop – Placa Gomila. From here, 15 minutes walking up the steep hill will let you reach Bellver Castle.
Restaurants Near Bellver Castle
- Happy Restaurant
- Don Salvatore
- Restaurante Japones Shogun
- Mediterraneo 1930
- Tapa Negra
- Restaurante Contraste
- Bahia Mediterraneo
- Cafeteria Colmar
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Palma De Mallorca before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Palma De Mallorca and book an accommodation of your choice.
Bellver Castle, Palma De Mallorca Reviews - Write a Review
A restored castle with panoramic view of the surroundings hills on one side and awesome view of the ocean on the other side. You can see the cruise ships docked nearby. The castle is closed when we went. The walk around the vicinity is a little disappointing. The 3 star rating is just for the view.
Great piece of Mallorcan history. 4 euros per person admittance. Residents of the island pay 1/2 price. Wheelchair accessible to all levels through motorized stair chair. This is one of the few circular castles in Europe. We rented bicycles from Palma and rode in. The hills were steep in quite a few areas, but easily manageable if you are in decent shape.
Beautiful structure, free access on Sundays. Most rooms have history about Mallorca. The views are astonishing. It rained, but it was beautiful anyway. :)
If I said go to one place when visiting majorca, it would be this, the views are amazing the history is great and is not very busy, it is at the top of a hill, which is a nice walk or you can get a bus to the entrance. It costs just €4 and is well worth the money.
It's a round gorgeous building, with really beautiful views of the Palma area. There are stairs to get up to the roof of the castle. You can access a few rooms with statues and castle info from the interior courtyard. Get a ticket from the parking lot ticket both for €4.
- Nearby Attractions
- Segway Palma
- Palma De Mallorca Airport
- Port De Sóller
- Gran Meliá Victoria
- Palma De Mallorca Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Palma De Mallorca
- What to See in 48 Hours in Palma De Mallorca
- What to See in 72 Hours in Palma De Mallorca
- How to Spend 5 Days in Palma De Mallorca
- How to Spend 6 Days in Palma De Mallorca
- How to Spend 7 Days in Palma De Mallorca