Es Baluard Contemporary Art MuseumCurrently Open [Closes at 08:00 pm]
- Address: Plaça de la Porta de Santa Catalina, 10, 07012 Palma, Balearic Islands, Spain, Palma De Mallorca
- Timings: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-971908200
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museum, Art Gallery, Family And Kids
Es Baluard Contemporary Art Museum - Review
The museum was founded in 2004. It homes collection of modern and contemporary art and is considered as one of the important museum in Spain. The artworks are said to be made by around 500 artists. For instance, the museum hosts artwork made by Rebecca Horn, Picasso, Joan Miro and so on. The museum is sometimes referred as catalyst to learn about history of Spain.
The ground floor houses permanent exhibition starting artwork of local Mallorcan artists to popular ones. Don’t forget to have a cup of coffee in the museum’s café on the vast terrace and enjoy a spectacular view of Palma Bay.
Es Baluard Contemporary Art Museum Information
- Tickets office remain open until 15 minutes before the closing time.
- Tickets with reduced price can be enjoyed by Carnet Joven owners, Students with ID, Seniors (65 and over ID), Retired people, Cultural and Educational associations (upon request) and all the visitors on Tuesday (Museum Day).
- Free entrance days on 31st January (anniversary of the museum).
- Free entrance for children (12 and under), unemployed people, members of Amics d’Es Baluard, members of ICOM, accredited journalists, accredited teachers, accredited guides, cultural managers.
- Car parking is available at Paseo Mallorca, 2 minutes away from the Museum.
- Pram and wheelchairs are accessible. Wheelchairs are available for free.
- Animals are not allowed within the museum other than guide dogs for the blind.
- Photos and video recording are allowed into the hall but without a flash.
- Food and drinks are not allowed within the museum.
- Free Wi-Fi access is available.
Es Baluard Contemporary Art Museum Ticket Prices
- Ticket to temporary exhibition 4,00€; Tu decideixes every Friday, tickets from 0,10€; If you come by bike 2€.
- Tickets with reduced price 4,50€ (the entire museum); 3,00€ (temporary exhibition)
Es Baluard Contemporary Art Museum Hours
- Cafe-restaurant 10 am-12 am (Monday to Sunday).
- Museum shop 10 am-8 pm (Tuesday-Saturday); 10 am-3 pm (Sundays).
- Book store 10 am-8 pm (Tuesday-Saturday); 10 am-3 pm (Sundays).
How To reach Es Baluard Contemporary Art Museum by Public Transport
- Tourist bus: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 20, 46, 50
Restaurants Near Es Baluard Contemporary Art Museum
There is a cafe and a restaurant within the museum. Beside this, there are few more restaurants located nearby.
- El Nautico
- La Cantina del CN
- Vintage Santa Catalina
- U Lengo de Sant Magi Osteria Ligure
- La Baranda
- Idem Cafe
- Horapa Wok
- Ca n’Eduardo
- Restaurante Mangiafuoco
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Palma De Mallorca before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Palma De Mallorca and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Es Baluard Contemporary Art Museum
65.03% of people who visit Palma De Mallorca include Es Baluard Contemporary Art Museum in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
45.96% of people start their Es Baluard Contemporary Art Museum visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Es Baluard Contemporary Art Museum
80% of people prefer walking in order to reach Es Baluard Contemporary Art Museum
Es Baluard Contemporary Art Museum Trips
Es Baluard Contemporary Art Museum, Palma De Mallorca Reviews
A major disappointment. Almost every piece of art were either thoroughly disgusting, disturbing or at least provocative. If art is nothing more than this, it is misunderstood in my opinion. Where are the beauty, the deep and the surprises? A museum I would not recommend - only if your only objective is to get provocated.
Impressive building containing 'art ' that I personally felt didn't inspire. If anything the works on show we're there to shock rather than be thought provoking.
Boring and unremarkable collection of tosh. Even though they reduced the price because they were refurbishing the first floor, it was still €4.50 too expensive. There was nothing to see and it could be seen in under 10 minutes. Worst modern art museum I've been to in a long time.
People were very very nice, and I love the buliding and how the whole this is organized. Exhibition, on the other had is good, but I would appreciate more pieces that are not disturbing.
Great place to visit. It was at the top of my list with places to see in Palma. I recoment to go there.