Es Baluard Contemporary Art MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: Plaça de la Porta de Santa Catalina, 10, 07012 Palma, Balearic Islands, Spain, Palma De Mallorca
- Timings: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-971908200
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museums, Art Gallery, Family And Kids
The museum was founded in 2004. It homes collection of modern and contemporary art and is considered as one of the important museum in Spain. The artworks are said to be made by around 500 artists. For instance, the museum hosts artwork made by Rebecca Horn, Picasso, Joan Miro and so on. The museum is sometimes referred as catalyst to learn about history of Spain.
The ground floor houses permanent exhibition starting artwork of local Mallorcan artists to popular ones. Don’t forget to have a cup of coffee in the museum’s café on the vast terrace and enjoy a spectacular view of Palma Bay.
- Tickets office remain open until 15 minutes before the closing time.
- Tickets with reduced price can be enjoyed by Carnet Joven owners, Students with ID, Seniors (65 and over ID), Retired people, Cultural and Educational associations (upon request) and all the visitors on Tuesday (Museum Day).
- Free entrance days on 31st January (anniversary of the museum).
- Free entrance for children (12 and under), unemployed people, members of Amics d’Es Baluard, members of ICOM, accredited journalists, accredited teachers, accredited guides, cultural managers.
- Car parking is available at Paseo Mallorca, 2 minutes away from the Museum.
- Pram and wheelchairs are accessible. Wheelchairs are available for free.
- Animals are not allowed within the museum other than guide dogs for the blind.
- Photos and video recording are allowed into the hall but without a flash.
- Food and drinks are not allowed within the museum.
- Free Wi-Fi access is available.
- Ticket to temporary exhibition 4,00€; Tu decideixes every Friday, tickets from 0,10€; If you come by bike 2€.
- Tickets with reduced price 4,50€ (the entire museum); 3,00€ (temporary exhibition)
- Cafe-restaurant 10 am-12 am (Monday to Sunday).
- Museum shop 10 am-8 pm (Tuesday-Saturday); 10 am-3 pm (Sundays).
- Book store 10 am-8 pm (Tuesday-Saturday); 10 am-3 pm (Sundays).
- Tourist bus: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 20, 46, 50
There is a cafe and a restaurant within the museum. Beside this, there are few more restaurants located nearby.
- El Nautico
- La Cantina del CN
- Vintage Santa Catalina
- U Lengo de Sant Magi Osteria Ligure
- La Baranda
- Idem Cafe
- Horapa Wok
- Ca n’Eduardo
- Restaurante Mangiafuoco
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Palma De Mallorca before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Palma De Mallorca and book an accommodation of your choice.
64.82% of people who visit Palma De Mallorca include Es Baluard Contemporary Art Museum in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
45.96% of people start their Es Baluard Contemporary Art Museum visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Es Baluard Contemporary Art Museum
80% of people prefer walking in order to reach Es Baluard Contemporary Art Museum
Not much info available in English, the titles weren't translated either. There wasn't much text in any language, actually. The temporary exhibition didn't seem to have a theme of anykind, just works of art thrown together - The art museums in Spain are often lacking from the point of view of art education, and this place is no exception. The staff seemed very bored of their job. Mediocre pieces on display in general. The view upstairs is great, but be careful on the way, the wooden floor of the terrace is a bit rotten.
A compact, modern museum surrounded by ancient walls. Es Baluard usually does not fail delivering interesting exhibitions, whether based on museum's own collection or presenting a temporal team. The surroundings of the museum exhibit an interesting public collection of sculptures.
Beautiful architecture, amazing placing and view, cafeteria, event place on the rooftop, small library with art content to look in. . The collection is nice, didn't take my breath away, cause it's not really big.. But the whole place and concept of the gallery is stunning. Was a pleasure to spend hours there!
Very interesting with nice panorama views. I will the ticket staff could be more efficient.
Lovely museum with interesting exhibitions and very friendly staff! Highly recommended