Far De Formentor LighthouseCurrently Open
- Address: Far de Formentor, 07680 Palma de Mallorca, Majorca, Spain Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, Light House, Off Beaten Path, Landmark, Observatory, Scenic Drive, Cafe, Family And Kids
Far de Formentor lighthouse or Cap de Formentor lighthouse (as popularly known) is said to be the most viewed lighthouse of Palma. Unlike Cap des Pinar Formentor, Cap de Formentor is not easily accessible. However, it is still considered as spectacular lighthouse of Mallorca. It is elevated around 384m above sea level, situated at the eastern most part of Mallorca’s Formentor peninsula, on the northernmost tip of Balaeric island Mallorca in Spain. It was built by Spanish engineer Antonio Parietti in the year 1930.
The road towards the lighthouse is not an easy path to drive on. It is packed with hills. According to the locals, the cape is popularly known as Meeting Point of the winds. It is 20-km drive from Port de Pollenca to Mallorca’s north. You can enjoy its awe-inspiring look from the motorway. So, going by a car is the best thing you can do. Moving towards Cap de Formentor, you can visit uphill paved track in the underground that will take you to El Fumat. From there, heading towards north will land you near the lighthouse.
Far De Formentor Lighthouse Travel Tips
- The best way to reach the lighthouse is to travel by car.
- Drive carefully while going to this place.
- Watch out for coaches and leave early to avoid any difficulty.
- Parking area is located within a kilometer 13 marker of the MA-2210 motorway.
- A cafe is there near the lighthouse.
How to Reach Far De Formentor Lighthouse
- The city-line bus will travel till Platja de Formentor. If you are travelling by car, go from Port de Pollenca towards Formentor lighthouse (MA-2210). It’s a 20-km drive from Port de Pollenca.
- Bar Coral
- Al Fresco Deli
- Na Ruixa
- Restaurante Ambrosia
- Restaurant Tribeca
- Restaurant Miramar
- La Bodeguita
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Palma De Mallorca before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Palma De Mallorca and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Far De Formentor Lighthouse Address: Far de Formentor, 07680 Palma de Mallorca, Majorca, Spain
- Far De Formentor Lighthouse Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Far De Formentor Lighthouse(preferred time): 10:00 am - 01:00 pm
- Time required to visit Far De Formentor Lighthouse: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
18.54% of people who visit Palma De Mallorca include Far De Formentor Lighthouse in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
52.27% of people start their Far De Formentor Lighthouse visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Far De Formentor Lighthouse
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Far De Formentor Lighthouse
People normally club together Alcudia and Ermita De Betlem while planning their visit to Far De Formentor Lighthouse.