Palma Aquarium1428 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: C. Manuela de los Herreros i Sora, 21, 07610Palma de Mallorca, Majorca, Spain
- Timings: 10:00 am - 03:30 pm Details
- Phone: +34-902702902
- Ticket Price: 20 EUR
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Aquarium, Family And Kids
Founded in 2007, it is a commercial aquarium that has gained the position of a ‘leader’ among all the other existing marine parks around the world. This aquarium is around 500m (1,600 ft) and has 55 tanks containing around 700 different species from the Mediterranean Sea, the Indian Ocean, the Pacific Ocean and the Atlantic Ocean and 8000 different specimens from all around the world. Having a spectacular location on the islands of Mallorca, the marine park recreates the habitat and ecosystems of the Oceans.
Your journey into the Aquarium starts with ‘Mediterranean Sea’ displaying flora and fauna, starfish, lobster, slipper lobster, scorpion fish, wrasses, groupers, prawns, shrimps, crabs, eels, rays, seahorses, octopuses, conger eels, algae and coral. You enjoy direct contact with starfish in the ‘Touch Pool’. The ‘Tropical Seas’ section have 25 aquariums showing animals like clown fish, black widow tetra, the surgeon fish and many other from the tropical parts of Indian Ocean, Atlantic Ocean and Pacific Ocean. The ‘Mediterranean Gardens’ has tanks with Mediterranean plants and turtles, koi fish, gilthead bream and stingrays. There is a cafeteria and children’s play area called ‘pirate ship’. A man-made tropical rainforest ‘Jungle’ area is there. It is said to be the largest roof-top garden in Spain. The ‘Big Blue’ section has the deepest shark tank in Europe. It holds around 3,500,000 l of saltwater. A ‘Jellyfish’ tank is there containing 50 jellyfish.
Other than these, activities like ‘Dive with Shark’ (for adults and children), Underwater (summer activity for visitors above 8 years of age), ‘Shark sleepover’ (for children between 6-16), Birthdays (specially for children within the theme park) can be enjoyed.
Palma Aquarium Travel Tips
- The aquarium is open for 365 days a year.
- Admission is free for kids (0-3 years) of both residents and non-residents.
- Official documents like DN/NIE card, passport or citizen card at the time of entry.
- Separate rates are available for groups.
- Individuals living in Balearics can receive special discount on the entry fee.
- Great place for a day out with family.
- Language available for excursions are German and English.
- Their restaurant services offer special gluten free and vegetarian dishes.
- Ocean pass is valid for 1 year.
- Ocean pass offer unlimited access to the park.
- 20% discount is available on other people’s ticket who come along with Ocean pass holder (maximum for 4 people are allowed).
- 15% discount is offered on restaurants and cafeterias for Ocean pass holders.
- 10% discount on selected products in Palma Aquarium gift shop for Ocean pass holder.
- 15% discount on shark sleepovers and birthdays for Ocean pass holder.
- 15% discount on Diving with sharks for Ocean pass holder.
- Prices of Ocean pass are subject to change
- The pass holders are required to provide Annual pass card and photographic ID to enjoy advantages on Ocean Pass.
Entrance Ticket Details For Palma Aquarium
- For non-resident age group 4-12 years 14,00€; age group 0-3 years free entry.
- For resident adult (age group above 12) 18,00€; age group 4-12 years 12,00€; age group 0-3 years free entry.
- For Ocean pass adults 45€; family (of four) 125€; kids 30€.
How to Reach Palma Aquarium
- Bus: 384-Ses Fountanelles
- Take bus no 15, 21, 23, 25, 31 from here and get down in front of the entrance of the aquarium.
- Within the aquarium, restaurant services are there. Try out Cafeteria Mediterra where you can have freshly prepared cuisines by chef Leo Caminas that are being offered in a wide range of buffet. Here, you can go for tailor made 3 course meals.
- Cafe & Restaurant Neptuno offers delicious pizzas and Italian ice-creams.
- Other than this service, there are restaurants located in nearby area.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Palma De Mallorca before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Palma De Mallorca and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Palma De Mallorca include Palma Aquarium in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
56.18% of people start their Palma Aquarium visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Palma Aquarium
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Palma Aquarium
Palma Aquarium Reviews & Ratings
Absolutely loved this place, a full fun filled day out. Wonderful and fun for all ages, so many things to see and do. We were concerned as we paid more to get in than we expected but it was worth every penny and more. The staff were friendly, informative and helpful. The tanks were vast and we'll maintained. Definitely worth a visit I would highly recommend this place
Great day out. We took our own picnic lunch, so can’t comment on food. Enough to keep kids engaged, and interesting and educational enough for adults. Well worth the extra cost to see the 3D whales
This is a great aquarium. It is small compared to other i have been to, but well worth a visit as so much to see and do. The 2 experiences are good too. The shark tank and the 3d experience. On the 3d experience just wished it was longer. The staff were very friendly and informative. Would recommend 2-3 hours for this attraction.
the most beautiful aquarium I've ever seen. There are few I know but this one is really beautiful. The colorful corals, the variety, the big pool with sharks. 3D cinema, jungle area, playground - really nice. Just take something to eat with you. The catering is simply bad. Really. Bring the food yourself! It has enough possibilities to sit down somewhere.
The Palma aquarium was on our "have to see" list. You get some sort of plan of aquarium and we tried to orient ourselves with it. Structure of aquarium is confusing. The signs in the complex do not lead you very well from one thing to another. We liked the sharks. There is also a good collection of corals. We have seen smaller aquariums and some were better.