Palma Aquarium, Palma De Mallorca
Palma Aquarium, Palma De Mallorca - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: C. Manuela de los Herreros i Sora, 21, 07610Palma de Mallorca, Majorca, Spain
Ticket Price: 20 EUR
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 03:30 pm Details
Added 13.5K times in trip plans
Aquarium, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Palma Aquarium, Palma De Mallorca
Founded in 2007, it is a commercial aquarium that has gained the position of a ‘leader’ among all the other existing marine parks around the world. This aquarium is around 500m (1,600 ft) and has 55 tanks containing around 700 different species from the Mediterranean Sea, the Indian Ocean, the Pacific Ocean and the Atlantic Ocean and 8000 different specimens from all around the world. Having a spectacular location on the islands of Mallorca, the marine park recreates the habitat and ecosystems of the Oceans.
Your journey into the Aquarium starts with ‘Mediterranean Sea’ displaying flora and fauna, starfish, lobster, slipper lobster, scorpion fish, wrasses, groupers, prawns, shrimps, crabs, eels, rays, seahorses, octopuses, conger eels, algae and coral. You enjoy direct contact with starfish in the ‘Touch Pool’. The ‘Tropical Seas’ section have 25 aquariums showing animals like clown fish, black widow tetra, the surgeon fish and many other from the tropical parts of Indian Ocean, Atlantic Ocean and Pacific Ocean. The ‘Mediterranean Gardens’ has tanks with Mediterranean plants and turtles, koi fish, gilthead bream and stingrays. There is a cafeteria and children’s play area called ‘pirate ship’. A man-made tropical rainforest ‘Jungle’ area is there. It is said to be the largest roof-top garden in Spain. The ‘Big Blue’ section has the deepest shark tank in Europe. It holds around 3,500,000 l of saltwater. A ‘Jellyfish’ tank is there containing 50 jellyfish.
Other than these, activities like ‘Dive with Shark’ (for adults and children), Underwater (summer activity for visitors above 8 years of age), ‘Shark sleepover’ (for children between 6-16), Birthdays (specially for children within the theme park) can be enjoyed.
Palma Aquarium Information
- The aquarium is open for 365 days a year.
- Admission is free for kids (0-3 years) of both residents and non-residents.
- Official documents like DN/NIE card, passport or citizen card at the time of entry.
- Separate rates are available for groups.
- Individuals living in Balearics can receive special discount on the entry fee.
- Great place for a day out with family.
- Language available for excursions are German and English.
- Their restaurant services offer special gluten free and vegetarian dishes.
- Ocean pass is valid for 1 year.
- Ocean pass offer unlimited access to the park.
- 20% discount is available on other people’s ticket who come along with Ocean pass holder (maximum for 4 people are allowed).
- 15% discount is offered on restaurants and cafeterias for Ocean pass holders.
- 10% discount on selected products in Palma Aquarium gift shop for Ocean pass holder.
- 15% discount on shark sleepovers and birthdays for Ocean pass holder.
- 15% discount on Diving with sharks for Ocean pass holder.
- Prices of Ocean pass are subject to change
- The pass holders are required to provide Annual pass card and photographic ID to enjoy advantages on Ocean Pass.
Palma Aquarium Ticket Prices
- For non-resident age group 4-12 years 14,00€; age group 0-3 years free entry.
- For resident adult (age group above 12) 18,00€; age group 4-12 years 12,00€; age group 0-3 years free entry.
- For Ocean pass adults 45€; family (of four) 125€; kids 30€.
How To reach Palma Aquarium by Public Transport
- Bus: 384-Ses Fountanelles
- Take bus no 15, 21, 23, 25, 31 from here and get down in front of the entrance of the aquarium.
Restaurants Near Palma Aquarium
- Within the aquarium, restaurant services are there. Try out Cafeteria Mediterra where you can have freshly prepared cuisines by chef Leo Caminas that are being offered in a wide range of buffet. Here, you can go for tailor made 3 course meals.
- Cafe & Restaurant Neptuno offers delicious pizzas and Italian ice-creams.
- Other than this service, there are restaurants located in nearby area.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Palma De Mallorca before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Palma De Mallorca and book an accommodation of your choice.
Palma Aquarium Tickets And Tours
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best best of Palma De Mallorca
Palma Aquarium, Palma De Mallorca Reviews - Write a Review
When we read in the folder this was the most visited place in Europe we had high hopes. Entrance for one person costs nearly €25. When you walk in as a couple they give you no time to put your things away but instantly make a picture. When you walk through the whole thing it is wide enough for all the people. Making pictures is nearly impossible. The kids stick to the windows like glue. No way you can get a picture without hands or heads on them. Even if there are no kids certain aquariums are to blue for telephone pictures. The camera starts to trip. When we got to the restaurant we couldn't sit down, because all the tables were taken. And to all the parents stop banging on the heels of other people with your buggy (the transport for kids who can't walk). Thank you. There were a lot of animals to see and we enjoyed watching them. At the end there was a gift shop with really nice things.
We had a great time here, the staff were very friendly. There was a massive variety of fish to see in the inside and outside areas of the aquarium. I recommend going to the feedings as staff talk about the animals in several languages English, German and Spanish. At the end of the feeding we were given food to feed the carp which was a great experience and photo opportunity.
Great for little ones, loads to do. Lots of tanks, all visible from toddler height. Comfy seats in front of the shark and sting ray tank - my 2 and a half year old sat transfixed for 15 mins. Good options for food, a lovely little indoor play and a great outside play area. Thoroughly recommend it - we spent about 5 hours here.
This is definitely a superb aquarium with a nice storyline and modern educational factor for kids. You will see very well maintained facilities and healthy inhabitants inside. Highlight is for sure "The Big Blue" the shark tank, don't miss the feeding ceremony there. Very nice playgrounds outside for the kids after activities. Of course it's very busy during high-season, but isn't this usual for such places? Go early, or go late afternoon and it's manageable.
Obviously full of visually stunning fish, sharks, squids, etc but also reasonable cafes, play areas for kids and a well stocked gift shop at the end. 22 euros for an adult, 14 for a child is quite expensive but they do special deals now and then. Sometimes the deals are only for residents so have your residencia card ready.