On a visit to the mesmerizing country of Mauritius, you'd come across quite a few petite cities that add to the fun of a day trip or a short trip for that instance. Pamplemousses is one among them. A tiny little town with a handful of attractions is what the tiny city offers however, it still wouldn't disappoint you with the little it has. Pamplemousses was names after the Grapefruit.
The city is home to plenty of restaurants and is renowned for serving delectable fresh sea food. The city is also recognized across the globe for the famous Pamplemousses Gardens home to a wide range of vegetables, fruits, flowers, ponds and more. This attraction in the city is also one of the most visited spots in Mauritius. Activities like fishing are also carried out in the city.
On a visit to Mauritius do make a day trip to Pamplemousses and explore the city in your own sweet way.
Pamplemousses Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Pamplemousses tips for your visit
- Carry a rain gear as it rains throughout the year in the village.
- UK visitors can drive using UK driving license.
- It is safer to not use accommodations that is not registered with the Ministry of Tourism.
- Time Zone- UTC+04:00
- Currency- Mauritian rupee
- Electricity and Internet- Voltage: 230 V
- Frequency: 50 Hz
- Wi-Fi is available.
- Languages: Mauritius has no official language. However, the locales speak English, French, Mauritian Creole, and French-based Creole. The ethnic languages of the city include; Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Marathi, Urdu, Tamil or Mandarin.
- Petty crime is common in the village. Take care of your valuables.
- Ensure your operator has a valid permit to organize activities like swimming with the dolphins.
- Explore the destination through tours.
- Tourist Traps
- Drugs, arms, ammunition, lived or stuffed animals and other illegal stuff is prohibited in the country.