Aguada Fort15714 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: Aguada - Siolim Rd, Sinquerium, Candolim, Aguada Fort Area, Goa, 403515, Panaji, India
- Timings: 09:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-8025308138
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Light House, Family And Kids, Architecture , Fort
Even though only parts of this fort remain it is still very beautiful and definitely worth a visit. Built by the Portugese and the Marathas the fort is a wonderful amalgamation of the two cultures. This is very apparent in its architecture.
The primary purpose of the fort was to keep prisoners and to provide freshwater to the sailors. The cells of the prison were designed in such a way that very little sun-light would reach the criminals. The place has vestiges of the huge building though and it provides a magnificient view of the sea. There is a short and stout white lighthouse in the premises that acted as a beacon for the sailors, but now lies abandoned.
Aguada Fort Travel Tips
- Fortress Aguada Beach Resort is made out of various villas and houses, with 130 rooms and incorporating 24 Terrace Suites. There are likewise nine restaurants and close-by shores.
- Apart from the numerous vibrant water games, the recreational offices for tennis, squash and mountaineering are also regularly functional.
- The Upper House
- Cafe Mangii
- Tea Cafe Goa
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Panaji before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Panaji and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Panaji include Aguada Fort in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
53.68% of people start their Aguada Fort visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Aguada Fort
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Aguada Fort