Dona Paula7328 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Donna Paula Beach, Donna Paula, Panjim, Goa., Panaji, India Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, Water Body, Leisure, Street Market, Family And Kids, Water Sport, Street Food
The Dona Paula isn’t exactly a beach though it is often referred to as one. It is more like a pier with a very nice viewing gallery. The gallery has been the setting for the shoot of several Bollywood films. The most iconic of these is “Ek Duje Ke liye” which had made the Dona Paula quite infamous. The pier gets its name from Paula Amaral Antonio de Souto Maior, a very generous and charitable rich woman who lived in the village where the Donna Paula exists.
The rocks and the waves that crash against them make this place a very serene area to spend time at, especially if you are going in the non-tourist season. You can enjoy the view from the top, eat at the local eateries nearby and enjoy some bargain shopping here as well.
Water sports available here are jet skiing, water scooter and parasailing. Other activities you can consider is taking family boat rides, fishing rides and island trips which you are sure to enjoy. There are also a couple of interesting statues of disputed symbolism and origin which are placed around the viewing gallery.
Dona Paula Travel Tips
- It makes sense to find out more about the person the beach is named after, from the locals. However, be careful not to fall for tourist traps. If you hire a guide, negotiate the price in advance.
- The Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary is approximately 10 kilometers away from this beach.
How to Reach Dona Paula
- Goa University
- Sea Pebble Restaurant (Seafood)
- Poco Loco Restaurant (Mexican)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Panaji before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Panaji and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Dona Paula Address: Donna Paula Beach, Donna Paula, Panjim, Goa., Panaji, India
- Dona Paula Timing: 24-hrs
- Time required to visit Dona Paula: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
64.28% of people who visit Panaji include Dona Paula in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
20.74% of people start their Dona Paula visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Dona Paula
94.06% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dona Paula
People normally club together Basilica Of Bom Jesus and Bambolim Beach while planning their visit to Dona Paula.