Dona PaulaCurrently Open
- Address: Donna Paula Beach, Donna Paula, Panjim, Goa., Panaji, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, Water Body, Leisure, Street Market, Family And Kids, Water Sport, Street Food
Dona Paula - Review
The Dona Paula isn’t exactly a beach though it is often referred to as one. It is more like a pier with a very nice viewing gallery. The gallery has been the setting for the shoot of several Bollywood films. The most iconic of these is “Ek Duje Ke liye” which had made the Dona Paula quite infamous. The pier gets its name from Paula Amaral Antonio de Souto Maior, a very generous and charitable rich woman who lived in the village where the Donna Paula exists.
The rocks and the waves that crash against them make this place a very serene area to spend time at, especially if you are going in the non-tourist season. You can enjoy the view from the top, eat at the local eateries nearby and enjoy some bargain shopping here as well.
Water sports available here are jet skiing, water scooter and parasailing. Other activities you can consider is taking family boat rides, fishing rides and island trips which you are sure to enjoy. There are also a couple of interesting statues of disputed symbolism and origin which are placed around the viewing gallery.
Dona Paula Information
- It makes sense to find out more about the person the beach is named after, from the locals. However, be careful not to fall for tourist traps. If you hire a guide, negotiate the price in advance.
- The Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary is approximately 10 kilometers away from this beach.
How To reach Dona Paula by Public Transport
- Goa University
Restaurants Near Dona Paula
- Sea Pebble Restaurant (Seafood)
- Poco Loco Restaurant (Mexican)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Panaji before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Panaji and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Dona Paula
95% of people who visit Panaji include Dona Paula in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
26.68% of people start their Dona Paula visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Dona Paula
94.63% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dona Paula
Dona Paula Map
Dona Paula Trips
Dona Paula, Panaji Reviews
Police Staffs are very helpful and effective here.
Nice place.n good job
Awesome service by our forces.
Cops are very helpful here
All QuestionsDona paula
- Speedwell Cavern
- Castleton Visitors Centre
- Castleton Moor Railway Station
- Montage Gallery
- Field Breaks
- The Caravan Club
- Peak Cavern
- New London Orchestra
- Black Notley Convenience
- Adventures In Music Making
- Hill Top House, Beatrix Potter's Farmhouse
- Coniston Launch
- Southern Sinfonia
- Castle Addictions
- Top Of The Jocks