St Sebastian Chapel65 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Altinho, Panjim, Goa 403001, India, Panaji Map
- Timings: 09:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
This small chapel was built in 1818 in response to a time of pests and plagues. The whitewashed building contains an unusual crucifix in which the eyes of Jesus are open. It's one of the only artefacts that remain from the time of the Portuguese Inquisition in Goa. Also inside is a statue of the Virgin Mary and three ornate screens. The Feast of Our Lady of Livrament is celebrated in the chapel and in the square outside in November.
How to Reach St Sebastian Chapel
- Take a bus, or take a taxi
- By car
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Panaji before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Panaji and book an accommodation of your choice.
- St Sebastian Chapel Address: Altinho, Panjim, Goa 403001, India, Panaji
- St Sebastian Chapel Timing: 09:30 am - 06:00 pm
- Time required to visit St Sebastian Chapel: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.57% of people who visit Panaji include St Sebastian Chapel in their plan
66.67% of people start their St Sebastian Chapel visit around 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see St Sebastian Chapel
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St Sebastian Chapel
People normally club together Cotigao Wildlife Sanctuary and Statue Of Abbe Faria while planning their visit to St Sebastian Chapel.
People also prefer to start their day with St Sebastian Chapel.