Wonder Works, Panama City Beach
Wonder Works, Panama City Beach - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 9910 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach, FL 32407, United States
Ticket Price: 24 USD
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 8K times in trip plans
Observatory, Educational Site, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Exhibition
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Wonder Works, Panama City Beach
This place is simply magic. The original was a secret laboratory that was located in the Bermuda Triangle. Mysteriously, it is said that after there was an error in an experiment, the whole laboratory was carried down to the city and landed here upside down (the architectural design is such). Yes! You will be surprised to know that this amusement building is set up upside down. Isn’t that magical?
This is where you get educated through entertainment. The question now arises of how to walk inside a building that is already turned upside down. The answer is simple. You will be realigned to place yourself in proportion with this building to explore it. I know it sounds mind boggling but that is where the fun is. For this you need to pass through the magical inversion tunnel that will turn you upside down with your feet up and heads down.
The many sections in here include:
- The natural disasters: This is where you will find scientific experiments and models of natural disasters. So very unconventional yet so educative.
- Physical Challenge Zone: This is by far the most interesting, especially for the little ones. Also known as the Indoors Rope Challenge, here you will be challenged to perform various physical activities such as rope climbing, maze clearing, etc.
- Light and Sound Zone: Enter the world of graphics and audio visuals. You will be turned into a robot in here with the big blue buzzers that make different sounds and produce mystifying lights. This includes the very interesting Laser Tag Arena in this also.
- Space Discovery: Turn into young astronauts in space and understand how gravity works. The emptiness of space and the costumes look and feel just so real.
- Far Out gallery: This is a lovely art gallery with photographs and facts about famous scientists and great men.
This place has something that makes us feel like staying there for a few hours more. There is so much to keep you busy throughout your visit that you will not even get a chance to get bored!
Wonder Works Information
- Parking is free here.
- Combo and basement prices are different.
- There is a snacks cafe in here.
- Skirts and dresses are not allowed.
- The rope way is only allowed for people above 18 years. Closed shoes are a must for these activities.
Wonder Works Ticket Prices
- USD 18.99 for children (below 18 years).
- Combo ticket prices- USD 26.99+ tax (adults) and USD 21.99+ tax (children).
How To reach Wonder Works by Public Transport
- Car rides are the most convenient till Front Beach Street or Thomas Driveway
Restaurants Near Wonder Works
- The Wharf Express
- Deadeye Dick’s Steakhouse
- Back Yard Burgers
- Dirty Dick’s Crab House
- Angelo’s Steak Pit
- Dee’s Hangout
- Shane’s Rib Shack
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Panama City Beach before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Panama City Beach and book an accommodation of your choice.
Wonder Works, Panama City Beach Reviews - Write a Review
It's a great place for older kids. I have a 6 and 3 year old. If your child does not like loud noises, skip the first level. My husband had a great time. More for younger kids on the second level. Try to find a coupon if you can! It's pricey - but worth it. And try to get V.I.P. passes so you don't miss out on anything.
Personally, I'm not much of a science-y person, but this place is great for both science-y and non sciency people alike. There's loads of exhibitions to visit and many that are interactive. I'd recommend the 360º Motorbike for those who are strong stomached, it's definitely something to try out if you haven't. I'd show some pictures, but unfortunately there was a problem with my phone that erased all my pictures, etc:(
My kids, 3, 3 and 7 were able to find some things to play, but the stuff is just all over the place. Somethings were for older patrons to enjoy, with kid stuff shoved in and no cohesiveness. Did the whole thing in about 1.5 hours. A few good things or we would have been done much faster.
We had a great time. Lots if activities. Loved the fact that we could leave and re-enter with our tickets. I have one major suggestion...please turn EVERYTHING down. We had a toddler and a baby and the sound overload was just wow! Check out Groupon they have great deals!
A wonderful place for children 10 and up. There are height restrictions in the bumper cars inside, the rock climbing wall and all the other rides. Laser tag was really fun. Make sure to read the screen instructions or you may not figure it out. Food is a bit pricey. And the pizza isn't very good. Staff was very nice. Lots of things to do just age restricted. Always clean and lots of gifts at the souvenir shop.