This place is simply magic. The original was a secret laboratory that was located in the Bermuda Triangle. Mysteriously, it is said that after there was an error in an experiment, the whole laboratory was carried down to the city and landed here upside down (the architectural design is such). Yes! You will be surprised to know that this amusement building is set up upside down. Isn’t that magical?
This is where you get educated through entertainment. The question now arises of how to walk inside a building that is already turned upside down. The answer is simple. You will be realigned to place yourself in proportion with this building to explore it. I know it sounds mind boggling but that is where the fun is. For this you need to pass through the magical inversion tunnel that will turn you upside down with your feet up and heads down.
The many sections in here include:
- The natural disasters: This is where you will find scientific experiments and models of natural disasters. So very unconventional yet so educative.
- Physical Challenge Zone: This is by far the most interesting, especially for the little ones. Also known as the Indoors Rope Challenge, here you will be challenged to perform various physical activities such as rope climbing, maze clearing, etc.
- Light and Sound Zone: Enter the world of graphics and audio visuals. You will be turned into a robot in here with the big blue buzzers that make different sounds and produce mystifying lights. This includes the very interesting Laser Tag Arena in this also.
- Space Discovery: Turn into young astronauts in space and understand how gravity works. The emptiness of space and the costumes look and feel just so real.
- Far Out gallery: This is a lovely art gallery with photographs and facts about famous scientists and great men.
This place has something that makes us feel like staying there for a few hours more. There is so much to keep you busy throughout your visit that you will not even get a chance to get bored!
Wonder Works Travel Tips
- Parking is free here.
- Combo and basement prices are different.
- There is a snacks cafe in here.
- Skirts and dresses are not allowed.
- The rope way is only allowed for people above 18 years. Closed shoes are a must for these activities.
Entrance Ticket Details For Wonder Works
- USD 18.99 for children (below 18 years).
- Combo ticket prices- USD 26.99+ tax (adults) and USD 21.99+ tax (children).
How to Reach Wonder Works
- Car rides are the most convenient till Front Beach Street or Thomas Driveway
- The Wharf Express
- Deadeye Dick’s Steakhouse
- Back Yard Burgers
- Dirty Dick’s Crab House
- Angelo’s Steak Pit
- Dee’s Hangout
- Shane’s Rib Shack
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Panama City Beach before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Panama City Beach and book an accommodation of your choice.
87.37% of people who visit Panama City Beach include Wonder Works in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
74.15% of people start their Wonder Works visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Wonder Works
93.99% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Wonder Works
Wonder Works Reviews & Ratings
Amazing place for kids And adults. Had so much fun with all the variety of activities. Kids literally wanted to stay there all day. Price is right for all the activities kids get to do. Music, bubbles, RV rides, laser tag, basketball and much more. Totally worth it won't disappoint.
We like it, and really liked it during our first visit back in 2012. However, not much has changed since that visit and some of the attractions weren't operating properly during our visit in 2019. Still a cool place, just needs a bit of TLC I think.
Really interesting place. Some of the staff is less welcoming but overall it’s perfect. I especially like the hanging-and-challenging place (forgot the actual name). This really a fun-tainment place!
The workers were amazing. Very friendly and helpful. Lots of things to do for all ages. We had a group of us range from 6 to 50. Love it. The lazer tag was so much fun. Pizza was good too.
We had a great time and our group ranged in ages from 1yr to 40 yrs old between the 8 of us. We got the VIP pass and it was worth every penny. My only suggestion is to have more staff at the rides and the cafe.