Wonder WorksCurrently Closed
- Address: 9910 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach, FL 32407, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8502497000
- Ticket Price: 24 USD
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Observatory, Educational Site, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Exhibition
Wonder Works - Review
This place is simply magic. The original was a secret laboratory that was located in the Bermuda Triangle. Mysteriously, it is said that after there was an error in an experiment, the whole laboratory was carried down to the city and landed here upside down (the architectural design is such). Yes! You will be surprised to know that this amusement building is set up upside down. Isn’t that magical?
This is where you get educated through entertainment. The question now arises of how to walk inside a building that is already turned upside down. The answer is simple. You will be realigned to place yourself in proportion with this building to explore it. I know it sounds mind boggling but that is where the fun is. For this you need to pass through the magical inversion tunnel that will turn you upside down with your feet up and heads down.
The many sections in here include:
- The natural disasters: This is where you will find scientific experiments and models of natural disasters. So very unconventional yet so educative.
- Physical Challenge Zone: This is by far the most interesting, especially for the little ones. Also known as the Indoors Rope Challenge, here you will be challenged to perform various physical activities such as rope climbing, maze clearing, etc.
- Light and Sound Zone: Enter the world of graphics and audio visuals. You will be turned into a robot in here with the big blue buzzers that make different sounds and produce mystifying lights. This includes the very interesting Laser Tag Arena in this also.
- Space Discovery: Turn into young astronauts in space and understand how gravity works. The emptiness of space and the costumes look and feel just so real.
- Far Out gallery: This is a lovely art gallery with photographs and facts about famous scientists and great men.
This place has something that makes us feel like staying there for a few hours more. There is so much to keep you busy throughout your visit that you will not even get a chance to get bored!
Wonder Works Information
- Parking is free here.
- Combo and basement prices are different.
- There is a snacks cafe in here.
- Skirts and dresses are not allowed.
- The rope way is only allowed for people above 18 years. Closed shoes are a must for these activities.
Wonder Works Ticket Prices
- USD 18.99 for children (below 18 years).
- Combo ticket prices- USD 26.99+ tax (adults) and USD 21.99+ tax (children).
How To reach Wonder Works by Public Transport
- Car rides are the most convenient till Front Beach Street or Thomas Driveway
Restaurants Near Wonder Works
- The Wharf Express
- Deadeye Dick’s Steakhouse
- Back Yard Burgers
- Dirty Dick’s Crab House
- Angelo’s Steak Pit
- Dee’s Hangout
- Shane’s Rib Shack
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Panama City Beach before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Panama City Beach and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Wonder Works
88.82% of people who visit Panama City Beach include Wonder Works in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
74.15% of people start their Wonder Works visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Wonder Works
93.99% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Wonder Works
Wonder Works Trips
1 View3 Days 2 Nights3 Day Trip to Panama City Beach from College StationBy: Guest UserCity: Panama City Beach
Wonder Works, Panama City Beach Reviews
Fun place. Lots to see and do. Interactive for kids and adults alike. See, touch, feel, and do. There is no way your family will not have an amazing time here. Can get crowded at times. I would recommend going right at opening. My favorite was definitely the bubble exhibit. My kids didn't want to leave!
My husband and I have never been to this attraction. It is not for adults, it was a waste of our money. We don't understand why it's indicated as the upside down experience. We were both in flip flops so our only option was to wear their shoes with no socks... no thank you. We just walked through the place as quickly as we could to get out.
Wonderful place, definitely more activities for older children. My 4 year old still had a blast, but considering what we paid for a ticket it was a little pricey. I would imagine 6 & up being able to do more stuff.
Wonder Works is a unique experience that starts before you even get to through the door! One of my favorite things about Wonder Works is that the kids don't realize most of what they are experiencing is not only fun for them, but educational as well. The ropes course was fun for mom and the laser tag is dad's favorite!
We come here every time we visit PCB. We usually save it for a day that's better spent inside than on the beach due to weather. But we always make time for it. They have fun rides and interactive exhibits. I will say that it seems they haven't kept up some of the exhibits as well as they could have. Some things weren't working right or were missing important elements. It was still fun and not overly expensive. But I hope they make some much needed repairs soon.