Are you looking for what to do in Paphos?
WHAT TO SEE
- Paphos boasts 27 public beaches, including 12 that are Blue Flag awarded, where you can dive, swim and snorkel. As well as this Cyprus is bursting with history.
- The island has a plethora of ancient settlements that have been destroyed and rebuilt, again and again, over the passing of time.
- North of the harbour there are The Saranta Kolones or Forty Columns, the ruins of an ancient castle, built on the base of 40 granite columns around the 7thcentury, with dungeons and towers to be explored.
- Paphos Fort, originally a Byzantine fort, is located at the Kato Paphos harbour and connected to the harbour via an arched bridge. The fort is a protected UNESCO world heritage site.
- Amateur art historians should visit The Mosaics of Paphos, also near the harbour. The preserved remains, from the 3rdto 5thcentury AD, are floor mosaics depicting scenes from Greek mythology, and can be seen in the Villas of Dionysus, Orpheus, Aion, and Theseus.
- For a blend of history and entertainment, enjoy some live performances at the ancient limestone ruins of the Acropolis, near the new Paphos Lighthouse.
WHERE TO BE
Nightlife is busy in Paphos, there is always something to do somewhere;
- Aces Cocktail Bar: For a warm Aussie atmosphere, you can try the Aces Cocktail Bar which is owned and run by an Australian Cypriot. Their drinks and beer are cool, nice cocktails, karaoke night each and every Sunday.
- Blues Brotherz Bar: Very popular spot, every night is a party night. A wide range of music, from R&B and Hip Hop to Heavy Rock.
- Hollywood Music Bar: Conveniently located in the city centre. There is always a live DJ to entertain you. There is also a pool table.
Below we have a list of things to do in Paphos and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Paphos getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Paphos with confidence.