How to Reach Paraty
- The best and economical way to get to Paraty is by bus. Buses to andfrom Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo run quite frequently to Paraty and back. The journey takes four to six hours respectively.
- You could also take a cruise ship or a sailboat to the harbour at Paraty from Rio de Janeiro, Angra dos Reis or Ilha Grande.
- The best way to explore the city, especially the historic town, would be on foot.
- No vehicle other than the taxi isallowed within the historic district.
- Taxis can turn out to be quite expensive; since they have no meters, remember to negotiate the farebefore you hop in.
- There are buses that run to town and the beaches and the Trinidade. Ask your hotel for the nearest bus stop and find a map with all the stops.