Visit Paris - Best of Paris
Paris, France. La Ville Lumière, the city of Light, the one that never sleeps. Millions of visitors flock to the French capital every year to enjoy the culture, the buzz and of course the unique ‘Frenchness’ of it all. It’s the perfect place for a romantic break, for those who enjoy a good meal with a great bottle of wine, for art and museum lovers, history buffs and shopaholics. Paris is also increasingly a favorite destination on a world backpacking tour, a city break destination and the place to party the night away with friends and an international jet set. It's a nice idea to check what things to do in Paris, before you book the ticket for Paris Tours.
The charm of Paris tourism extends beyond the above forever, and a few days sightseeing around the Eiffel Tower, Disneyland and Louvre are barely enough to scratch the surface of this fabulous city. Despite Paris being uniquely French, it is the blend of many international cultures and foreign residents that add a little spice to the city. You may want to spend your day looking at the Mona Lisa and buying a baguette in the local boulangerie, but you will never be far from some excellent Tunisian or Moroccan couscous restaurants, and African themed bar or a market selling spices and North African dress.
If nightlife charms you, head off to Montarte where you can spend the evening by just chilling out with friends and enjoy few glasses of wines in one of the bistros. Still looking for some more entertainment? Catch a cabaret show in one of the restaurants to enjoy a nice ‘musical’ dinner.
In conclusion, Paris is the centre of multicultural France, and you will be amazed at its scope and diversity. Each one of you should visit Paris at least once and experience all that it has to offer considering the best time to visit Paris.
Paris Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Paris tips for your visit
- Time Zone: CEST (Central European Summer Time)
- Currency: Euro (EUR)
- Electricity & Internet: Voltage: 220 -240 volts. Primary socket type – Europlug, Schuko. Internet is available in the hotels and some areas of Paris.
- Language: French is the official language in Paris. However, only handful of people speaks English.
- The most important emergency number: 112
- Medical emergency: 15
- Police: 17
- Fire brigade: 18
- Social emergency: 115
- Abused children: 119
- Missing children: 116000
- For emergency calls for deaf and people with hearing problems: 114
- Exploring the city on foot is considered as an ideal option to explore Paris. Local markets are a great way to rub shoulders with the locals, as are some of the more obscure attractions. Try the airplane museum at Le Bourget, or a tour of the fantastic Stade de France. Take a walking ghost tour of Montmartre or a bus trip to Versailles for some great sights away from the crowds. Check out all the Paris tours that suites your interest.
- Service charges are already added in the restaurant bills. However, extra tips are accepted if you are satisfied with the service.
- Check the taxi price beforehand from the hotel so that you don’t end up paying more. In Montmartre, watch out for the Africans who will try and have you fall into a trap or two by tying bracelets around your arm and then charging you €20 for the pleasure. Around the Eiffel tower, make sure not to donate any money to the poor, deaf children who will approach you with a sheet of paper detailing their plight. They’re not deaf, and if you feel a pull on your conscience, better donate to a registered charity.
- Make sure you say bonjour (or bon soir) on most occasions – from entering a shop to a lift or even to a room full of people. If it is you entering the room/shop/bar/lift make sure you’re the one doing the ‘bonjour-ing’. Don’t expect the waiter in restaurants to be all over you, asking how the meal is and checking up every ten minutes. You’ll be left alone to enjoy your meal.
- Instead of spending money in expensive restaurants, you can opt for local fromageries for grabbing a small bite.
- Instead of climbing till the top of Eiffel tower, you can enjoy the great view from the first floor itself.
Explore the travel itinerary planning tool for your visit to Paris and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Travel to Paris- Know before you go to Paris
Facts and Stats for Paris*
Pollution Statistics in Paris
Know the pollution level of Paris before you plan your visit.
Air Pollution 68.32 (High)
Water Pollution 46.67 (Moderate)
Noise and Light Pollution 63.74 (High)
Unattended dirt and garbage 58.33 (Moderate)
Drinking Water Pollution and Inaccessibility 33.15 (Low)
Dissatisfaction with Garbage Disposal 45.11 (Moderate)
Dissatisfaction to Spend Time in the City 53.79 (Moderate)
Dissatisfaction with Green zones and parks 42.58 (Moderate)
Paris: Crime and Safety
How safe is Paris for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Paris.
Burglary and Theft 51.06 (Moderate)
Mugging and Robbery 56.01 (Moderate)
Assault and Armed Robbery 49.79 (Moderate)
Corruption and Bribery 40.77 (Moderate)
Car Stealing 44.47 (Moderate)
Robbery of Car belongings 52.77 (Moderate)
Attacks 53.27 (Moderate)
Drug offense 53.51 (Moderate)
Safety walking alone during daylight 65.86 (High)
Safety walking alone during night 46.1 (Moderate)
Insulting and offensive behaviour 61.05 (High)
Hate crime due to Racism, Religion, ethnic origin 45.09 (Moderate)
Property crimes and Vandalism 63.14 (High)
Living in Paris - Quality of Life
Quality of Life Index of Paris is 128.35 (High)
Safety Index 47.47 (Moderate)
Climate Index 88.85 (Very High)
Pollution Index 65.88 (High)
Traffic Commute Time Index 43.1 (Moderate)
Cost of Living Index 93.6 (High)
Health Care Index 73.39 (High)
Property Price to Income Ratio 17.84 (Very High)
Purchasing Power Index 95.77 (High)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Paris
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Paris
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.28 USD
International Movie per seat 12.91 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 45.77 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 110.99 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 107.37 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.
Paris Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Paris
Paris Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Paris
1227 Reviews Duration: Flexible
Skip the long entrance lines at Paris' Louvre Museum and enjoy an audio tour of its many legendary works of art including the...
USD 43.81Book Now
1291 Reviews Duration: 2 Hrs
Skip the line to climb the Notre Dame Cathedral Bell Towers and explore 2000 years of tumultuous Parisian history from the da...
USD 43.87Book Now
2240 Reviews Duration: Flexible
See Paris at your own pace on a one-day or two-day hop-on hop-off tour. With four interconnected routes, this tour is the eas...
USD 41.36Book Now
557 Reviews Duration: 3 Hrs
See Paris top city attractions and take in panoramic views from the Eiffel Tower on this 3-hour Paris city tour. Admire top c...
USD 87.64Book Now
More about Paris
Christmas Markets In Paris - Shop, Eat And Make Merry!
Being someone who has grown up watching English movies and reading English novels, the festival of Christmas and the festivities which come with it have always fascinated me. Most films and books inevitably feature some references, shots or descriptions of this most popular celebration around the world – the houses covered with decorations, shops and roads decked up in fairy-lights and streamers, ornate Christmas trees peeking through the windows of homes, delicately wrapped gifts being exchanged and jumble sale-like Christmas markets popping everywhere!
So, when I got
Best Hostels In Paris To Stay In!
'A Little Heaven for Travellers' is probably the best way to define the city of Paris. Lovely landmarks backed by an engaging culture, exquisite food scene and decades worth of history, all in front of you to be seen, felt and experienced. No wonder Paris is flocked by millions every year!To accompany this ever growing tourism phenomenon comes an another culture, a culture of Hosteling! They are there, in every nook and corner, welcoming people for a happening stay in the city of lights. Of course, not all of them are good, but you will still find plenty that is not only decent but luxuriated enough to be on the par with any high-end hotel. Here are our picks for best hostels in Paris. Check them out! 1. St Christopher's Inn Canal
This Guy Combined Old And New Photos Of Paris And They Are I...
Paris as we know has been a city with constant improvisation. However, we have hardly witnessed the development that has taken place over here since 1871. So, to revive the old memories of this beautiful city, Julien Knez from Paris has collected vintage photographs and collaged it with the photographs of some of the iconic spots of the city. These photographs showcase Paris contemporary setting. Let’s check out the album:Tour Eiffel, 1900 Pl
- Cities Near Paris
- Metz-en-couture Tourism
- Servais Tourism
- Villebarou Tourism
- Contre Tourism
- Franois Tourism
- Muille-villette Tourism
- Ars-laquenexy Tourism
- Vadonville Tourism
- Archelange Tourism
- Bossay-sur-claise Tourism
- Camon Tourism
- Angres Tourism
- Other Cities on TripHobo
- Layton Tourism
- Redding Tourism
- Beacon Tourism
- Dewitt Tourism
- Crumlin Tourism
- Winthrop Harbor Tourism
- Ringsend Tourism
- Tinton Falls Tourism
- Tring Tourism
- Rosedale Tourism