Carnavalet Museum1559 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 16 Rue des Francs Bourgeois, 75003 Paris, France
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-144595858
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums
A museum dedicated to Paris will definitely catch any Paris-lover’s fancy. Musee Carnavalet is full of engaging and interesting information about Paris. Depicted in paintings, artefacts and documents, the museum covers various time spans across centuries of evolution of this magnanimous city.
The museum is located in two beautiful hotels; Hotel Carnavalet and Hotel Le Peletier de Saint Fargeau that have been merged to give the museum a grand and spacious feel. Right from the Louis XVI sculpture that greets you in the foyer to the sculpture of Virgin Mary, the Carnavlet museum is incredibly curated and a delight to the eyes.
Carnavalet Museum Travel Tips
- Disabled access available.
- Audio guides are available too.
- The Carnavalet Museum is closed for renovation till the end of 2019.
Entrance Ticket Details For Carnavalet Museum
- Admission for permanent collections and themed exhibitions is free.
- Temporary exhibitions have varied charges.
- For general visits, lecture visits and program visits: 6 € and reduced rate is 5€.
How to Reach Carnavalet Museum
- Nearest subway: Saint-Paul (M1)
- Le Petit Dakar
- All in Sushi
- Page 35
- Carette Vosges
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Paris before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Paris and book an accommodation of your choice.
1.8% of people who visit Paris include Carnavalet Museum in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
60% of people start their Carnavalet Museum visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Carnavalet Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Carnavalet Museum