About Conciergerie, Paris
Conciergerie, Paris - Address, Phone Number
Address: 2 Boulevard du Palais, 75001 Paris, France
Timings: 09:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 3.9K times in trip plans
Church, Religious Site, Museum, Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Conciergerie in Paris is most famous for being the prison where Maria Antoinette and Napoleon III were held. The room where Marie Antoinette was held is now converted to a chapel dedicated to one of the most iconic queens in the world.
The Conciergerie roots back to the 6th century when Clovis constructed a royal home here on the Ile de la Cité. The place was later occupied by Philip II of France in the 13th century. A chapel was added to the building by Louis IX and the building was later remodeled under the order of Philip IV. In spite of its existence since the 6th century, the building was always in the hands of only the powerful rulers and towards the end of the 18th century (during the French revolution), its conversion to a prison proved pivotal. Today, the place serves as a courthouse.
- Marie Antoinette's Cell
- The Hall of the Guards (that dates back to the medieval times)
- The spooky dungeons that remain unused for the last 30 years
Apart from the breath-taking architecture, visit the Conciergerie to touch a part of history that shaped the world.
Conciergerie Ticket Prices
- Adult: Euros 9
- Reduced Price: Euros 7
- Free: for Under 18 (with family and excluding school groups) - 18-25 (citizens of the 27 countries of the European Union and non-European residents regularly resident in France) - Disabled people and their attendant - Jobseekers, on presentation of a jobseeker's certificate dated within the last 6 months. ICOM Card holder.
- Group Price: Euro 7 per person (for 20 people)
Combined ticket (Conciergerie+ Sainte Chapelle):
- Full price: € 15
- Reduced price: € 12.50
- Group price : € 12.50
How To reach Conciergerie by Public Transport
- By Metro: Cité
- By Bus: Cité - Palais de Justice
- By Taxi
- By renting a Bike/ Bicycle
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Paris before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Paris and book an accommodation of your choice.
Conciergerie, Paris Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Rue Résal
- 2 Boulevard Du Palais
- Avenue Victor Hugo
- 1 Place Du Châtelet
- 15 Rue De Sévigné
- 56 Rue De Turbigo
- 10 Place De L'opéra
- 15 Rue Gudin
- 140 Rue Du Bac
- Paris Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Paris
- What to See in 48 Hours in Paris
- What to See in 72 Hours in Paris
- How to Spend 5 Days in Paris
- How to Spend 6 Days in Paris
- How to Spend 7 Days in Paris