About Conciergerie, Paris
The Conciergerie in Paris is most famous for being the prison where Maria Antoinette and Napoleon III were held. The room where Marie Antoinette was held is now converted to a chapel dedicated to one of the most iconic queens in the world.
The Conciergerie roots back to the 6th century when Clovis constructed a royal home here on the Ile de la Cité. The place was later occupied by Philip II of France in the 13th century. A chapel was added to the building by Louis IX and the building was later remodeled under the order of Philip IV. In spite of its existence since the 6th century, the building was always in the hands of only the powerful rulers and towards the end of the 18th century (during the French revolution), its conversion to a prison proved pivotal. Today, the place serves as a courthouse.
- Marie Antoinette's Cell
- The Hall of the Guards (that dates back to the medieval times)
- The spooky dungeons that remain unused for the last 30 years
Apart from the breath-taking architecture, visit the Conciergerie to touch a part of history that shaped the world.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Paris before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Paris and book an accommodation of your choice.
Conciergerie Tickets Prices
- Adult: Euros 9
- Reduced Price: Euros 7
- Free: for Under 18 (with family and excluding school groups) - 18-25 (citizens of the 27 countries of the European Union and non-European residents regularly resident in France) - Disabled people and their attendant - Jobseekers, on presentation of a jobseeker's certificate dated within the last 6 months. ICOM Card holder.
- Group Price: Euro 7 per person (for 20 people)
Combined ticket (Conciergerie+ Sainte Chapelle):
- Full price: € 15
- Reduced price: € 12.50
- Group price : € 12.50
How To Get To Conciergerie by Public Transport
- By Metro: Cité
- By Bus: Cité - Palais de Justice
- By Taxi
- By renting a Bike/ Bicycle
- On foot
Book Conciergerie Tickets And Tours
It’s no wonder they call it the City of Lights — Paris is especially enchanting in the evening. On this illuminations tour, admire top Paris attractions from two perspectives, starting with a lamp-lit cruise along the Seine past the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame. Then take a nighttime city tour to see the Champs-Elysées, l’Arc de Triomphe, the Louvre, Les Invalides, Place de la Concorde, the Grand Palais, Rue de Rivoli and much more (itinerary is reversed in the winter). Choose a standard coach tour or small-group minivan tour for a more personalized experience.
Discover the Latin Quarter's hidden secrets on an evening stroll through the legendary Left Bank district. This Paris neighborhood contains more history and beautiful monuments than anywhere else in Paris, and the best way to see it all is on foot. Paris' history began on the Left Bank, and on this relaxing guided walk you'll gain valuable insights into Paris, its people, art and spirit. Led by your local guide, the two-hour walking tour makes its way from the Pantheon, the final resting place of France's most famous citizens, to the manicured Luxembourg Gardens.
See Paris at your own pace on a one-day or two-day hop-on hop-off tour. With four interconnected routes, this tour is the easiest way to get around Paris and see all the sights. Get a bird's eye view of the cobbled streets of the Left Bank, the Napoleonic splendor of the Ecole Militaire and the structure they thought wouldn't last more than a few years - the Eiffel Tower! Take time out to explore the Paris you've been looking for: historical, romantic, fashionable, fun and shopper friendly.
Discover the joy of sightseeing with the Paris Pass, which gives you free entry to the best attractions Paris has to offer. Save time as you skip the queues with fast track entry at many attractions, including the Louvre and Musée d'Orsay, and take advantage of special offers at various Paris restaurants and shops.
Share your experience - Rate Conciergerie, Paris
- Other Attractions
- Termas De Outariz
- Ourense Thermal Springs
- Catedral De Ourense
- Piscina Termal As Burgas
- Plaza Mayor And Town Hall
- Iglesia De Santa Eufemia
- Claustro De San Francisco
- Praia Da Coba
- Oseira Monastery
- Old Roman Bridge
- Hotels for other Attractions
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Termas De Outariz
- Hotels Near Ourense Thermal Springs
- 5 Star Hotels Near Catedral De Ourense
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Piscina Termal As Burgas
- Budget Hotels Near Plaza Mayor And Town Hall
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Iglesia De Santa Eufemia
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Claustro De San Francisco
- Hotels Near Praia Da Coba
- Hotels Near Oseira Monastery
- Hotels Near Old Roman Bridge
- City Tripplans
- Paris Itinerary 5 Days
- Paris Itinerary 3 Days
- Paris Itinerary 4 Days
- Paris Itinerary 7 Days
- Paris Itinerary 6 Days
- Europe Itinerary 15 Days
- Paris Itinerary 1 Day
- Paris Itinerary 2 Days
- France Itinerary 2 Weeks
- Europe Itinerary 3 Weeks