Dome Des InvalidesCurrently Closed
- Address: Place Vauban, 75007 Paris, France
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-144423877
- Ticket Price: 9 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Temple, Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids
Dome Des Invalides - Review
The imperial house of prayer of the Invalides complex is the area of the tomb of one of France's most beloved local native. Proposed by Louis XIV in 1670 as a home for invalids, the handicapped and ruined war veterans, Les Invalides was outlined by Liberal Bruant and finished in 1676. That same year King Louis XIV, the Sun King charged modeler Jules Hardouin Mansart with the errand of making a divide private house of prayer at the Invalides for elite utilization of the regal gang. It is the gold-domed temple, finished in 1708 by de Cotte after Mansart. The arch itself is 107 meters high (351 ft), making it one of the tallest landmarks in Paris, and was midway put in request to overwhelm the court of distinction, which was one of 15 yards at the intricate, intended for military parades. Within the arch was painted by Charles de La Fosse, a train of eighteenth century well-known French painter, Charles Le Brun. Dome Des Invalides tourist attraction added in 4 Days Paris Trip Itinerary
Dome Des Invalides Ticket Prices
- Adult: €9, free for children.
- Designer Louis Visconti updated the high holy place of the domed God's house to suit the tomb.
- Upon fulfillment in 1861, the stays of Napoleon's physique were then set in 6 caskets inside a tomb, which was molded from red Finnish porphyry with a green stone base.
Dome Des Invalides Hours
- Museum closes before 30 Mins.
How To reach Dome Des Invalides by Public Transport
- Place Vauban
Restaurants Near Dome Des Invalides
- Tour da Agent
- Chez chartier
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Paris before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Paris and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Dome Des Invalides
2.7% of people who visit Paris include Dome Des Invalides in their plan
66.67% of people start their Dome Des Invalides visit around 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Dome Des Invalides
75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dome Des Invalides