How to Reach Paris
HOW TO GET TO PARIS
- By Air: There are three international airports that serve Paris. They are- Charles de Gaulle International Airport, Orly International Airport, and Beauvais. From these airports, buses, metros, and cars are available to reach the center of the city.
- By Train: Paris has well-connected trains with other of Europe. However, the city doesn’t have any central train station. Other 6 stations that serve trains to/from Paris are: Gare du Nord – has trains to/from Belgium, Netherland, Cologne, Germany, and the United Kingdom. Gare d’Austerlitz – has trains to/from the center and southwest of France. Gare de l’Est has trains to/ from Luxembourg, Saarbrucken, Frankfurt, Munich in Germany. Gare de Bercy has overnight trains to/from Italy and regular trains to Auvergne.
- By Bus: Companies like Euroline, Megabus, iDBUS, FlixBus, Starshipper serves bus to Paris from places like Germany, London, Amsterdam, Brussels.
- By Car: Paris is linked with France via A1, A3, A5, A6, A4, A13, A10.
HOW TO GET AROUND PARIS
- On Foot: Exploring this beautiful city on foot is the best thing you can do. Book the best Paris tours.
- By Metro: Paris has excellent underground metros connecting to almost every corner of the city.
- By Bicycle: If driving is not your forte, you can hire a bicycle to explore the city. Many shops are there who provide bicycles on rent.
- By Bus: Though Paris has a well-connected metro line all places are not accessible by this underground train. Hence, buses are another option to consider.
- By Taxi: Taxis are quite inexpensive, especially during late evening hours as the traffic is very low at this time of the day. However, taxis are not available in large numbers.
- By Boat: Excellent boat services are available in Paris.
- By Car: Driving cars is not at all a good idea in Paris. This is because street parking is difficult to find. Moreover, traffic is very dense during day time.
- By Scooter/Motorbike: Scooters and motorbikes are available on rent.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Paris. The most preferred mode of transport in Paris is Train/Metro.
Average distance: 14.77 km Average time: 42.47 min
Train/Metro 40.71%Train 30.85 min Walking 10 min Waiting 5.87 min Bus 1.28 min Other 0.43 min Overall average time for 16.65 kms 48.43 min
Walking 13.27%Walking 25.67 min Train 7 min Waiting 2 min Bike 1.27 min Bus 0.2 min Overall average time for 7.42 kms 36.13 min
Bus/Trolleybus 6.19%Bus 24.57 min Walking 8.43 min Waiting 8.14 min Train 3.86 min Other 1.07 min Overall average time for 11.57 kms 46.07 min
Tram/Streetcar 1.77%Tram 21.5 min Walking 11 min Waiting 7 min Overall average time for 8.3 kms 39.5 min
Car 19.47%Driving 43.41 min Walking 1.68 min Overall average time for 23.68 kms 45.09 min
Bike 10.62%Bike 23.67 min Walking 1.33 min Other 0.42 min Overall average time for 6.38 kms 25.42 min
Motorbike 2.65%Motorbike 22 min Walking 0.67 min Overall average time for 6 kms 22.67 min