How to Reach Paris
HOW TO GET TO PARIS
- By Air: There are three international airports that serve to Paris. They are- Charles de Gaulle International Airport, Orly International Airport and Beauvais. From these airports, buses, metros and cars are available to reach the center of the city.
- By Train: Paris has well connected trains with other of Europe. However, the city doesn’t have any central train station. Other 6 stations that serve trains to/from Paris are: Gare du Nord – has trains to/from Belgium, Netherland, Cologne, Germany and the United Kingdom. Gare d’Austerlitz – has trains to/from the center and southwest of France. Gare de l’Est has trains to/ from Luxembourg, Saarbrucken, Frankfurt, Munich in Germany. Gare de Bercy has overnight trains to/from Italy and regular trains to Auvergne.
- By Bus: Companies like Euroline, Megabus, iDBUS, FlixBus, Starshipper serves bus to Paris from places like Germany, London, Amsterdam, Brussels.
- By Car: Paris is link with France via A1, A3, A5, A6, A4, A13, A10.
HOW TO GET AROUND PARIS
- On Foot: Exploring this beautiful city on foot is the best thing you can do. Book the best Paris tours.
- By Metro: Paris has excellent underground metros connecting to almost every corner of the city.
- By Bicycle: If driving is not your forte, you can hire a bicycle to explore the city. Many shops are there who provide bicycles on rent.
- By Bus: Though Paris has well connected metro line but all places are not accessible by this underground train. Hence, buses are another option to consider.
- By Taxi: Taxis are quite inexpensive, specially during late evening hours as the traffic is very low at this time of the day. However, taxis are not available is large numbers.
- By Boat: Excellent boat services are available in Paris.
- By Car: Driving car is not at all a good idea in Paris. This is because street parking is difficult to find. Moreover, traffic is very dense during day time.
- By Scooter/Motorbike: Scooters and motorbikes are available on rent.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Paris. The most preferred mode of transport in Paris is Train/Metro.
Average distance: 15.2 km Average time: 43.31 min
Train/Metro 43.04%Train 31.15 min Walking 9.88 min Waiting 6 min Bus 1.44 min Other 0.44 min Overall average time for 17.62 kms 48.91 min
Bike 10.13%Bike 28.25 min Walking 1 min Other 0.63 min Overall average time for 7.5 kms 29.88 min
Bus/Trolleybus 5.06%Bus 25.5 min Walking 9.5 min Waiting 6.25 min Other 1.88 min Overall average time for 9.5 kms 43.13 min
Tram/Streetcar 1.27%Tram 18 min Walking 12 min Waiting 4 min Overall average time for 3.6 kms 34 min
Car 22.78%Driving 41.67 min Walking 1.39 min Overall average time for 21.72 kms 43.06 min
Walking 8.86%Walking 29.57 min Train 6.86 min Waiting 1.71 min Bike 1 min Bus 0.43 min Overall average time for 5.06 kms 39.57 min
Motorbike 2.53%Motorbike 18 min Walking 1 min Overall average time for 4 kms 19 min