La Conciergerie2343 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 2 Boulevard du Palais, 75001 Paris, France
- Timings: 09:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-153406080
- Ticket Price: 9 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Castle, Historical Site, Prison
Visit the former prison of Paris, where hundreds of prisoners were arrested and executed during the French Revolution. However, the execution used to take place in different places in Paris. Settled on the west of Ile de la Cite, this prison used to be the part of the Palais de la Cite (the former royal palace). Along with Conciergerie, Palais de Justice and Sainte-Chapelle were also located here. Later, Conciergerie was handed over to the Parliament to use it as administrative offices.
Visit this place to learn about the cruel facts of French Revolution, which is otherwise kept untold to the world.
La Conciergerie Travel Tips
- Guide booklets in French, English, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian are available for self-guided tour.
- For group visits, prior appointment at least 4 weeks before the visit date is required.
Entrance Ticket Details For La Conciergerie
- Reduced price: 6.50€ (EUR)
- Adult group rate: 6.50€ (EUR) (Minimum 20 people)
- School group: 30€ (EUR) (maximum 35 students, 2 accompanying adults include – adult group rate for additional accompanying adult)
- Free admission: minors under 18 (family visit), 18-25 years old (for people under 26 years old who are citizens of one the 27 countries of EU or are non-European permanent residents of France).
La Conciergerie Hours
- Cashdesks close 30 minutes earlier.
How to Reach La Conciergerie
- By Metro: Station Chatelet lines 1(Yellow), 4(Burgundy), 7(Pink), 11(Brown) and 14(Purple)
- By Bus: 21, 24, 27, 38, 58, 81, 85 and Balabus
- By RER: lines B and C
- Delices Shandong
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Paris before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Paris and book an accommodation of your choice.
3.09% of people who visit Paris include La Conciergerie in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
70% of people start their La Conciergerie visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see La Conciergerie
50% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting La Conciergerie