La Conciergerie, Paris
About La Conciergerie, Paris
La Conciergerie, Paris - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 2 Boulevard du Palais, 75001 Paris, France
Ticket Price: 9 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 19.5K times in trip plans
Castle, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Prison
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Visit the former prison of Paris, where hundreds of prisoners were arrested and executed during the French Revolution. However, the execution used to take place in different places in Paris. Settled on the west of Ile de la Cite, this prison used to be the part of the Palais de la Cite (the former royal palace). Along with Conciergerie, Palais de Justice and Sainte-Chapelle were also located here. Later, Conciergerie was handed over to the Parliament to use it as administrative offices.
Visit this place to learn about the cruel facts of French Revolution, which is otherwise kept untold to the world.
La Conciergerie Information
- Guide booklets in French, English, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian are available for self-guided tour.
- For group visits, prior appointment at least 4 weeks before the visit date is required.
La Conciergerie Ticket Prices
- Reduced price: 6.50€ (EUR)
- Adult group rate: 6.50€ (EUR) (Minimum 20 people)
- School group: 30€ (EUR) (maximum 35 students, 2 accompanying adults include – adult group rate for additional accompanying adult)
- Free admission: minors under 18 (family visit), 18-25 years old (for people under 26 years old who are citizens of one the 27 countries of EU or are non-European permanent residents of France).
La Conciergerie Opening and Closing Hours
- Cashdesks close 30 minutes earlier.
How To reach La Conciergerie by Public Transport
- By Metro: Station Chatelet lines 1(Yellow), 4(Burgundy), 7(Pink), 11(Brown) and 14(Purple)
- By Bus: 21, 24, 27, 38, 58, 81, 85 and Balabus
- By RER: lines B and C
Restaurants Near La Conciergerie
- Delices Shandong
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Paris before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Paris and book an accommodation of your choice.
La Conciergerie, Paris Reviews - Write a Review
Small museum with significant historic moments inside. Plan to spend an hour or so in there. Use your museum pass.
Very nice fortification building. Beautiful clock on the wall.
Good not crowed place to know a bit about French history and the revolution.
Related to Paris' history as a Revolutionary Tribunal, this medieval royal palace is a great parisian heritage filled with cultural artifacts. Go see it!
There was interesting information about the revaluation but might not b worth 9 euro
- Nearby Attractions
- Le Bistrot Du Maquis
- Chez Shen
- Café Oz Châtelet
- Crêperie Plougastel
- Vegebowl Paris
- Chez Van
- Il Vino
- Hôtel Fouquet's Barrière
- Sacha Finkelsztajn "la Boutique Jaune"
- Musée Des Plans-reliefs
- Paris Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Paris
- What to See in 48 Hours in Paris
- What to See in 72 Hours in Paris
- How to Spend 5 Days in Paris
- How to Spend 6 Days in Paris
- How to Spend 7 Days in Paris