La Conciergerie Tours
About La Conciergerie, Paris
Visit the former prison of Paris, where hundreds of prisoners were arrested and executed during the French Revolution. However, the execution used to take place in different places in Paris. Settled on the west of Ile de la Cite, this prison used to be the part of the Palais de la Cite (the former royal palace). Along with Conciergerie, Palais de Justice and Sainte-Chapelle were also located here. Later, Conciergerie was handed over to the Parliament to use it as administrative offices.
Visit this place to learn about the cruel facts of French Revolution, which is otherwise kept untold to the world.
La Conciergerie Information
- Guide booklets in French, English, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian are available for self-guided tour.
- For group visits, prior appointment at least 4 weeks before the visit date is required.
La Conciergerie Tickets Prices
- Reduced price: 6.50€ (EUR)
- Adult group rate: 6.50€ (EUR) (Minimum 20 people)
- School group: 30€ (EUR) (maximum 35 students, 2 accompanying adults include – adult group rate for additional accompanying adult)
- Free admission: minors under 18 (family visit), 18-25 years old (for people under 26 years old who are citizens of one the 27 countries of EU or are non-European permanent residents of France).
La Conciergerie Opening and Closing Hours
- Cashdesks close 30 minutes earlier.
How To Get To La Conciergerie by Public Transport
- By Metro: Station Chatelet lines 1(Yellow), 4(Burgundy), 7(Pink), 11(Brown) and 14(Purple)
- By Bus: 21, 24, 27, 38, 58, 81, 85 and Balabus
- By RER: lines B and C
Restaurants Near La Conciergerie
- Delices Shandong
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Paris before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Paris and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: 2 Boulevard du Palais, 75001 Paris, France
Ticket Price: 9 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 19.5K times in trip plans
Castle, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Prison
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Book La Conciergerie Tickets And Tours
Admire panoramic evening views over Paris on this 1.5-hour skip-the-line Eiffel Tower tour. Marvel at the magnificent Eiffel Tower illuminated against the night sky, then beat the queues and enjoy skip-the-line access to the second floor with your guide. Gaze out over the twinkling lights of the French capital. Pick out top Paris attractions such as the Basilique du SacrÃ©-Coeur, the Arc de Triomphe, the Louvre Museum and Notre-Dame Cathedral. The perfect after-dinner activity, this tour is a wonderful way to see the City of Light in style.
Discover the joy of sightseeing with the Paris Pass, which gives you free entry to the best attractions Paris has to offer. Save time as you skip the queues with fast track entry at many attractions, including the Louvre and Musée d'Orsay, and take advantage of special offers at various Paris restaurants and shops.
See Paris at your own pace on a one-day or two-day hop-on hop-off tour. With four interconnected routes, this tour is the easiest way to get around Paris and see all the sights. Get a bird's eye view of the cobbled streets of the Left Bank, the Napoleonic splendor of the Ecole Militaire and the structure they thought wouldn't last more than a few years - the Eiffel Tower! Take time out to explore the Paris you've been looking for: historical, romantic, fashionable, fun and shopper friendly.
See ParisâÂÂ top city attractions and take in panoramic views from the Eiffel Tower on this 3-hour Paris city tour. Admire top city attractions such as the Arc de Triomphe, the Champs-ElysÃ©es, Notre Dame Cathedral, Place de la Concorde and the Luxembourg Gardens. Learn of the cityâÂÂs rich history and heritage from the informative on-board commentary. Alight at the famous Eiffel Tower and climb up to the second floor to enjoy breathtaking views out over the city below. Enjoy Paris to the full and see the sites in style!
Share your experience - Rate La Conciergerie, Paris
Good not crowed place to know a bit about French history and the revolution.
Well worth a visit - amazing architecture and the location of Marie Antoinette's final imprisonment. Use a ParisLib pass and skip the ticket lines
Related to Paris' history as a Revolutionary Tribunal, this medieval royal palace is a great parisian heritage filled with cultural artifacts. Go see it!
O.k. to visit if you have some time to kill (unlikely in Paris). Just a huge, empty hall and empty Kitchen to see. Marie Antoinette's prison cell was not available due to apparent renovations etc...
There was interesting information about the revaluation but might not b worth 9 euro
- Other Attractions
- Terra Mitica
- Levante Beach
- Terra Natura
- Poniente Beach
- Isla Benidorm
- Levis Showboat
- Benidorm Palace
- Balcon Del Mediterraneo
- Hotels for other Attractions
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Terra Mitica
- Hotels Near Levante Beach
- 5 Star Hotels Near Terra Natura
- 5 Star Hotels Near Mundomar
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Poniente Beach
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Aqualandia
- Hotels Near Isla Benidorm
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Levis Showboat
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Benidorm Palace
- Cheap Hotels Near Balcon Del Mediterraneo
- City Tripplans
- Paris Itinerary 5 Days
- Paris Itinerary 3 Days
- Paris Itinerary 4 Days
- Paris Itinerary 7 Days
- Paris Itinerary 6 Days
- Europe Itinerary 15 Days
- Paris Itinerary 1 Day
- Paris Itinerary 2 Days
- France Itinerary 2 Weeks
- Europe Itinerary 3 Weeks