Maison De Victor Hugo, Paris
About Maison De Victor Hugo, Paris
Maison De Victor Hugo, Paris - Address, Phone Number
Address: 6 Places des Vosges, 75004 Paris
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 6K times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
It is one of the 14 ‘City of Paris Museums’ where Victor Hugo (the famous French poet, novelist and dramatist of the Romantic Movement) stayed for the longest time of his life. His famous work Ruy Blas was completed in this apartment. Today, the apartment houses some of his famous works that he had completed during his stay here, between 1832 and 1848. Since 2013 the apartment has been turned into a museum. At present, when you visit the museum you will get to see two temporary exhibitions where the famous works of Hugo that defines him as visionary illustrator are put on display.
Maison De Victor Hugo Information
- To support the museum, the donation fee is expected for temporary exhibitions or permanent exhibitions, in the form of a voluntary contribution made by the visitors.
- The museum is accessible for disabled people.
Maison De Victor Hugo Ticket Prices
- Permanent exhibition: 0.00
- Temporary exhibition: 5 € (EUR)
Maison De Victor Hugo Opening and Closing Hours
- Public holidays: closed
How To reach Maison De Victor Hugo by Public Transport
- Metro: Bastille (line 1, 5, 8), Breguet-Sabin (line 5), Saint-Paul (line 1) or Chemin-vert (line 8)
- Bus: 20, 29, 65, 69, 76, 86, 87, 96
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Paris before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Paris and book an accommodation of your choice.
Maison De Victor Hugo, Paris Reviews - Write a Review
Fantastic historical place to visit for free. Learn a lot of Hugo’s life there, and the neighborhood is just so nice to walk around. Don’t miss it in Paris.
Free entry!! It's more of a house tour than a museum.... Rich with paintings.... You get personal educators if you're a student.... Audio guides are available for five Euros... Cloak room also exists.... Takes about an hour with the audio guide
A unique chance to visit home of one of the greatest French writer. Local students come here on field trips which is wonderful. Free entry.
My husband and I enjoyed the museum very much. It was a spot we chose to visit on our first full day in Paris.
Brilliantly presented history of Victor Hugo in one of his old flat (he moved several times). You wil see some of his paintings and furnitures (which he made himself) including his death bed. Allow 1h 20 max for this visit. Btw it's free.
- Nearby Attractions
- Ladurée Bonaparte Nouveau
- Métro Saint Germain Des Près
- Hotel Saint-germain Des Prés Paris
- Hotel Louvre Rivoli
- Hotel Louvre Sainte-anne
- Hotel Bastille De Launay
- Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel & Conference Center
- W Paris - Opéra
- Paris Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Paris
- What to See in 48 Hours in Paris
- What to See in 72 Hours in Paris
- How to Spend 5 Days in Paris
- How to Spend 6 Days in Paris
- How to Spend 7 Days in Paris