Montmartre Cemetery, Paris
About Montmartre Cemetery, Paris
Montmartre Cemetery, Paris - Address, Phone Number
Address: 20 Avenue Rachel, 75018 Paris, France
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 11.2K times in trip plans
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Officially known as the Cimitière du Nord, the cemetery is said to be the third largest necropolis in Paris. Located in the 18th arrondissement of Paris, this cemetery got its name because of its isolated location, which is an abandoned gypsum quarry. This quarry used to serve as a mass burial ground during the French Revolution. It has also been the burial ground of many famous artists who used to live and work in Montmartre.
Montmartre Cemetery Information
- Maintain silence while visiting the cemetery.
- Accessibility for the disabled people are confined to the green space.
Montmartre Cemetery Opening and Closing Hours
- Last visitor admitted 15minutes before the closing time.
- Office of the cemetery: 8:30am to 12:30pm & 2pm to 5pm (Monday to Friday)
How To reach Montmartre Cemetery by Public Transport
- By metro: Blanche or Place de Clichy
- Buses: 95, 80, 74, 54, 30
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Paris before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Paris and book an accommodation of your choice.
Montmartre Cemetery, Paris Reviews - Write a Review
This was a great experience. Lots of history. Highly recommend.
Charming and there's a few grumpy cemetery cats hiding around the place.
Peace and quiet here. Some places are hard to find.
It's nice for a short walk-through, but gets monotone after awhile. You feel a melancholic atmosphere walking next to the graves of people that have shaped history. Worth a short visit when you are in the area, entrance is free.
Beautiful cemetery, home to very well known figures. Many stray cats can also be seen roaming around.
- Nearby Attractions
- Bacchus Et Ariane
- Léon De Bruxelles - Saint Germain
- Le Gorille Blanc
- Au Levain D’antan
- Maison Blanche Restaurant
- 117 Rue Lamarck
- Cafe De Flore
- 74 Rue Du Cardinal Lemoine
- Paris Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Paris
- What to See in 48 Hours in Paris
- What to See in 72 Hours in Paris
- How to Spend 5 Days in Paris
- How to Spend 6 Days in Paris
- How to Spend 7 Days in Paris