Musee D Orsay45547 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Gare Musée d'Orsay, 75007 Paris, France
- Timings: 09:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-140494814
- Ticket Price: 11 EUR
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museums, Museums
An absolute must-see for art-novices and connoisseurs alike, Musee D’Orsay deserves all the attention it receives. The museum boasts of an impressive collection of Impressionist art. Artistes like Jean-Francois Millet, Gustave Courbet, Edouard Manet, Edgar Degas, Pierre-Auguste Renoir, Claude Monet, Camille Pissarro, Alfred Sisley, Vincent van Gogh, Paul Cezanne, Paul Gauguin, Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, Auguste Rodin & his muse, Camille Claudel are represented at the museum. Some of the most jaw dropping works of art of 19th century are exhibited at the D’Orsay.
The museum used to be a railway station till 1960s until it was completely abandoned and eventually restored as one of the most celebrated museums in the world. Visitors get an insight on the birth of modern painting and sculpture, design and photography. Don’t miss Manet’s On the Beach and Van Gogh’s pompous self portraits!
The spectacular Musee D’Orsay is a museum which holds a very impressive array of works by Impressionist artists like Van Gogh, Monet, Jean-Francois Millet and the likes. The tickets for Musee D’Orsay are very reasonably priced and can be bought on the spot. But, being a popular attraction it is better to buy tickets for Musee D’Orsay online. Our ticketing portal gives information about Musee D’Orsay ticket prices as well as providing combo offers for Musee D’Orsay tickets along with tour options of the same.
Musee D Orsay Travel Tips
- You can team your visit to this museum with a tour of the nearby National Museum of Legion of Honour & Orders of Chivalry.
- To avoid extremely long and tedious lines for tickets, it’s advisable to pre-purchase your tickets. Or opt for a museum pass.
- Holders of Paris City Passport are allowed free entry to the museum.
Entrance Ticket Details For Musee D Orsay
Concession Tickets (8.50€):
- For 18-25 year olds who are not citizens or long-term residents of an EU member state.
- For everyone from 4: 30 pm (except Thursdays).
- For everyone on Thursday evenings, from 6:00 pm.
Entry is Free:
- For everyone on first Sunday of the month.
- Under 18 years.
- 18-25 year olds who are citizens or long-term residents of an EU member state.
- Disabled visitors with one extra person.
- Unemployed visitors.
- Holders of a Paris Museum pass
- Carte blanche cardholders.
- Members of the Societe des Amis du Musée d'Orsay or of American Friends of the Musee d'Orsay.
How to Reach Musee D Orsay
- Nearest Bus Stop: Musee D’Orsay (RER C)
- Asemblee Nationale (M12)
- Solferino (M12)
- Nearest Metro: Solferino and Rue De Bac
There are two cafes and one restaurant in the museum.
- Tabac D’Orsay
- Les Climats
- Le Royal Orsay
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Paris before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Paris and book an accommodation of your choice.
60.29% of people who visit Paris include Musee D Orsay in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
41.96% of people start their Musee D Orsay visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Musee D Orsay
60.21% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Musee D Orsay