Musee D'orsay, Paris
Musee D'orsay, Paris - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 1 Rue de la Légion d'Honneur, 75007 Paris, France
Ticket Price: 11 EUR
Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 20.6K times in trip plans
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Musee D'orsay, Paris
An absolute must-see for art-novices and connoisseurs alike, Musee D’Orsay deserves all the attention it receives. The museum boasts of an impressive collection of Impressionist art. Artistes like Jean-Francois Millet, Gustave Courbet, Edouard Manet, Edgar Degas, Pierre-Auguste Renoir, Claude Monet, Camille Pissarro, Alfred Sisley, Vincent van Gogh, Paul Cezanne, Paul Gauguin, Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, Auguste Rodin & his muse, Camille Claudel are represented at the museum. Some of the most jaw dropping works of art of 19th century are exhibited at the D’Orsay.
The museum used to be a railway station till 1960s until it was completely abandoned and eventually restored as one of the most celebrated museums in the world. Visitors get an insight on the birth of modern painting and sculpture, design and photography. Don’t miss Manet’s On the Beach and Van Gogh’s pompous self portraits! Musee D Orsay Paris tourist attraction added in 1 Day Paris trip Itinerary
Musee D'orsay Information
- You can team your visit to this museum with a tour of the nearby National Museum of Legion of Honour & Orders of Chivalry.
- To avoid extremely long and tedious lines for tickets, it’s advisable to pre-purchase your tickets. Or opt for a museum pass.
- Holders of Paris City Passport are allowed free entry to the museum.
Musee D'orsay Ticket Prices
- Concession tickets- 8.50€.
- For 18-25 year olds who are not citizens or long-term residents of an EU member state.
- For everyone from 4.30pm (except Thursdays).
- For everyone on Thursday evenings, from 6pm.
- Free: For everyone on first Sunday of the month.
- Under 18 years.
- 18-25 year olds who are citizens or long-term residents of an EU member state.
- Disabled visitors with one extra person.
- Unemployed visitors.
- Holders of a Paris Museum pass
- Carte blanche cardholders.
- Members of the Societe des Amis du Musée d'Orsay or of American Friends of the Musee d'Orsay.
How To reach Musee D'orsay by Public Transport
- Nearest Bus Stop: Musee D’Orsay (RER C),
- Asemblee Nationale (M12),
- Solferino (M12).
- Nearest Metro: Solferino and Rue De Bac.
Restaurants Near Musee D'orsay
There are two cafes and one restaurant in the museum.
- Tabac D’Orsay
- Les Climats
- Le Royal Orsay.
Musee D'orsay, Paris Reviews - Write a Review
Simply amazing space. It's the home of art made after they filled up the Louvre, all of the impressionist art that you know and love. It's well laid out, bring transformed from a train station into a very walkable museum.
Sometimes overlooked, this Museum set in an old railway station across the river from the Louvre Museum has a wealth of treasures and paintings to peruse , well worth a visit.
Beautiful artwork and sculptures, set up for maximum usage of space and movement of people.
Fantastic and well organised collection. Definitely worth a visit.
My favorite museum on my first visit to Paris.